National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the one-tier national level medical entrance exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). NEET has replaced the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and all other state level and university level entrance exams. From the year 2016, admissions in government or private medical colleges for MBBS and BDS courses in India will be solely based on the NEET score.
Aspirants who are seeking admission for MBBS or BDS courses in India have to qualify for the NEET Exam. Candidates can submit the online NEET Application Form. NEET 2020 has been conducted on 13th September and 14th October 2020, results for the same have been announced on 16th October, 2020. Dates for NEET 2021 are released, it is scheduled to be conducted on 1st August 2021.
Online Application Form for NEET
NEET form is released by NTA, aspirants can fill the NEET application form provided on the official website through online mode. Candidates are requested to keep ready the following documents before filling out the NEET Form 2021.
- Personal details and address details with correct spellings as per Class X Certificate
- Details of academics
- Mobile number and e-mail id
- Scanned pictures of Right-hand Index Finger impression, signature, and Recent Photograph
- Details of the payment (online/offline mode)
The detailed procedure to fill the NEET 2021 application form is given below:
Step I: Download Information Brochure
Download the information brochure for NEET eligibility criteria and the instructions for filling the NEET form. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions in the brochure strictly. Students not fulfilling the instructions and eligibility criteria shall be summarily disqualified.
Step II: Apply Online
- Candidate can progress towards filling the application form by rendering the details asked on the official website for NEET official website.
- The applicant must enter their name, the name of their Father, Mother, and address with correct spellings and date of birth as per Class X Certificate.
- They must review and submit the information and note down the Registration number for future references and use.
Step III: Upload Scanned Images
A candidate who has registered can only upload the scanned images. Following is the list of images to be uploaded along with specifications as per NTA:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file
|Description for Online Tool
(with 72 DPI)
|Passport size photograph (Recent)||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Post card size photograph||4″X6″||50 Kb to 300 Kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 Kb to 30 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Left-thumb impression||Not specified||10 Kb to 50 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 Marksheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
- The photograph must be taken with a white background, and the name of the candidate and the date of the photo taken must be in-scripted at the bottom of the Photograph.
- All the images must be in JPG format.
Step IV: Make Payment
The NEET application fee amount is mentioned below:
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (With Late Fee)|
|GC/OBC||INR 1400||INR 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 2150 (750+1400)|
Application Fee for NEET
The application fee can be paid either through online process or offline process
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Offline method – Bank Challan
Online mode: Candidates who choose online mode can make their payment through any Debit/Credit Card using online gateway payment facility or net-banking.
Offline mode: Candidates who choose offline mode can make payment through e-Challan by depositing fee in Bank Account. They can download the challan from the official website.
Step V: Print Confirmation Page
Once the application form is submitted successfully, a confirmation page will be created. Aspirants are not required to share the Computer Generated Confirmation Page of the NEET Online Application form to NTA. Applicants must retain the confirmation page along with the proof of remittance of fee securely for any future reference.
Note: The authority will deactivate the facility for the submission of the application form, uploading of scanned images, fee payment, and printing of the confirmation page as per the given schedule. Hence, candidates are requested to complete the procedure within the prescribed duration only.
Do’s and Don’ts while filling the NEET Application Form
- Before filling the NEET application form, the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility conditions and other instructions carefully and then begin to fill the NEET application form.
- The candidate must note the NEET registration number provided to him/her carefully at the time of filling the NEET form.
- Before submitting the NEET form, applicants should make sure that the details filled in the form are correct and up to date. For example, the name of Father/Mother is mentioned correctly in the NEET application form as per the class 10. The contact number, qualification details, and other details should also be mentioned.
- The NEET 2021 application form must be filled carefully according to the instructions given in the form.
- After filling in the details, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. After completely filling the form and successful payment, it is recommended to have a hard copy of the confirmation page for future reference.
BYJU’S are the best trainers for competitive exams like NEET, JEE Advanced, JEE Main, etc. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification on NEET. Know the NEET syllabus, NEET exam pattern, NEET preparation tips, etc. only at BYJU’S.
|Recommended Question Papers for NEET Exam|