NEET Online Form: NEET-UG Application form 2023 is now available. To register, aspirants must visit the official website for NEET (neet.nta.nic.in) and fill out the online NEET application form.
NEET Application Form 2023 – Register for NEET-UG 2023
NEET 2023 application form dates:
- Registration start date: 6th March, 2023
- Registration end date: 6th April, 2023
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the one-tier national level medical entrance exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). NEET has replaced the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and all other state-level and university-level entrance exams. From the year 2016, admissions in government or private medical colleges for MBBS and BDS courses in India will be solely based on the NEET score. Find all details about the NEET application form here.
Aspirants who are seeking admission for MBBS or BDS courses in India have to qualify for the NEET 2023 Exam. Candidates can submit the NEET Online Application Form as part of registration. NEET 2023 examination is set to be conducted on 7 May, 2023. More details on registration date for NEET 2023 or the registration process will be updated here.
NTA Online Application Form for NEET 2023 – NEET Application Form 2023
NEET application form is released by NTA, aspirants can fill the NEET exam application form provided on the official website through online mode. The NEET Application Form PDF is available on the official website. Candidates are suggested to keep ready the following details and documents before filling out the NEET Form 2023.
- Personal details and address details with correct spellings as per Class X Certificate
- Details of academics
- Mobile number and e-mail ID
- Scanned pictures of Finger impressions, signatures, and Recent Photograph
- Details of the payment (online mode)
Particulars to be filled in the NEET 2023 Online Application Form – NEET Exam application
- Registration Page – Personal Details, Present Address, Permanent Address, Choose Password, Security Pin
- Application Page – Personal Details, Educational Details, Additional Details, Parents’ Income Details
- Uploading Documents
Simple Steps To Fill Complete Online NEET Application form 2023 – NEET 2023 Registration
Detailed Procedure to fill NEET Application form with images
The detailed procedure to fill the NEET 2023 application form along with images is explained as follows:
Visit the official website – neet.nta.nic.in, under candidate activity, click on the registration
You will then be redirected to the instruction page, read all the instructions carefully and then select “click here to proceed”.
Then, you will be redirected to the registration page, where you must fill in details such as address and create a password and enter security pin and then submit.
The status of the successful submission of the NEET registration page is then displayed.
Now, the status of your NEET form 2023 will be displayed.
Fill in the NEET 2023 form by entering the details – Personal details, aadhar details, exam centre details, qualification and additional details.
After filling in the details, the next step in the NEET exam application form filling process is to upload documents required for NEET 2023 exam. The list of documents to be uploaded during online registration for NEET 2023 are –
Once the documents are uploaded, you are directed to the review page. Here, one can review all the details entered while filling the online application form for NEET 2023.
Applicants are then required to read the declaration page carefully and check the “I agree” checkbox and then submit the application form.
Then, candidates are directed to the page for verification of the mobile number, and email-id entered during NEET registration.
After verification, one must pay the application fee as per their particular category (General, reserved, SC/ST etc.). This is done by selecting the mode of payment.
Finally, in the last step after the NEET form fill up 2023, entering and reviewing details and paying application fee for NEET, candidates can view the confirmation page. This marks the end of the registration process for NEET-UG 2023. Candidates must take a printout of the same and save it for future reference.
Written Procedure for NEET exam application:
NEET 2023 Form filling – Step I: Download Information Brochure
Download the information brochure for NEET eligibility criteria and the instructions for filling out the NEET 2023 form. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions in the brochure strictly. Students not fulfilling the instructions and eligibility criteria shall be summarily disqualified.
NEET 2023 Form filling – Step II: Apply Online
- The officials announce the NEET 2023 form fill-up date
- Candidates can progress towards the NEET 2023 form fill-up step by rendering the details asked on the official website for NEET official website.
- The applicant must enter their name, the name of their Father, Mother, and address with correct spellings and date of birth as per the Class X Certificate.
- They must review and submit the information and note down the Registration number for future references and use.
NEET 2023 Form filling – Step III: Upload Scanned Images
Only the candidate who has registered can upload the scanned images. Following is the list of images to be uploaded along with specifications as per NTA:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file(JPG/JPEG format)||Description for Online Tool(with 72 DPI)|
|Passport size photograph||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Postcard size photograph||4″X6″||10 kb to 200 kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 kb to 30 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Thumb impression||Not specified||10 kb to 200 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 mark sheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
- The photograph must be taken with a white background, and the name of the candidate and the date of the photo taken must be in-scripted at the bottom of the Photograph.
- All the images must be in JPG format.
NEET 2023 Form filling – Step IV: Make Payment
The NEET application fee amount is mentioned below:
|General||INR ₹ 1600/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*||INR ₹ 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||INR ₹ 900/-|
- Outside India, fee is ₹ 8500/-
- Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Application Fee for NEET
The application fee can be paid through an online process
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
Online mode: Candidates can make their payment through online mode only using any of these options – Debit/Credit Card using online gateway payment facility or net banking.
NEET 2023 Form filling – Step V: Print Confirmation Page
Once the application form is submitted successfully, a confirmation page will be created. Aspirants are not required to share the Computer Generated Confirmation Page of the NEET Online Application form to NTA. Applicants must retain the confirmation page along with the proof of remittance of the fee securely for any future reference.
Note: The authority will deactivate the facility for the submission of the application form, uploading of scanned images, fee payment, and printing of the confirmation page as per the given schedule. Hence, candidates are requested to complete the procedure within the prescribed duration only.
NEET 2022 Application form – Important dates
The dates for NEET 2023 are yet to be announced, meanwhile aspirants can take a look at the important dates and events pertaining to NEET 2022 application form to get an idea of the timeline of events.
|NEET-UG 2022 Exam date||17th July 2022|
|Release of official notification for NEET Registration||6th April 2022|
|NEET Registrations 2022 – NEET 2022 Form Fill Up Date||6th April 2022|
|NEET 2022 Registrations – Revised dates to submit online application form||6th May, 15th May 2022|
|NEET Application Last Date – Last date for NEET 2022 Registrations (Final)||20th May 2022 (till 09:00 PM)|
|Last date to submit application fee for NEET 2022 registrations||20th May 2022 (till 11:50 PM)|
|Changes to particulars in the online application form – start date||24th May 2022|
|Changes to particulars in the online application form – last date||27th May, 15th June 2022|
Documents required for NEET 2023 Application form
Following are the documents required while filling the NEET Application form 2023:
- Passport and postcard size photo
- Left and Right Hand Fingers and Thumb Impression
- 10th Certificate
- Self-Declaration Certificate (Only applicable for J & K Candidates)
- Category Certificate
- Person With Benchmark Disability(PwBD) Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
Documents to be retained for future reference – NEET 2023 Application form
After completing the registration process of NEET, candidates must retain the following documents for future reference.
- 4-6 identical and latest postcard and passport size photos – scanned and uploaded during online application
- Confirmation page of the Online application form of NEET – Printout
- Proof of the fee paid (transaction details of the bank)
- Copy of system-generated self-declaration (for U.T of J & K who opt for seats under AIQ 15%)
NTA Eligibility Criteria for NEET-UG 2023
NEET-UG 2023 applicants must be fully aware of the eligibility criteria to take up NEET. Find below the qualification criteria, age criteria and nationality details if you are taking up NEET.
Age Criteria – NEET 2023 form
- Candidate has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of candidate’s admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course
- No upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021
Nationality – NEET 2023 form
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates from the J&K state are eligible to appear for NEET 2023 under the All India 15% quota only by self-declaration. Such candidates can also get admitted to AFMC, Pune
- Indian Citizens/ OCI intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG)
Qualification – NEET 2023 form
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations
- SC/ST/PWBD candidates/Other Backward Classes (NCL) – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
What are the essentials for NEET online application form?
One of the steps during filling in the online NEET application form is uploading documents. Along with the essential documents, applicants must keep handy other documents to fill out the application form. The details entered must be exactly the same as provided in the original documents. This will ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, especially for a new applicant. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read the detailed eligibility criteria for NEET. One must fulfil the criteria to take up NEET.
Some essentials required for online NEET application form filling are –
- Stable internet connection
- Class 1o Marksheet and certificate
- Class 12 admit card
- Passport size and postcard size photo
- Documents to be uploaded (as aforementioned) in the specified format
- Category and declaration certificate (if any)
How to edit online application form of NEET? – Changes in NEET Application form
Once details are entered during NEET application form filling, candidates should ensure to review details for correctness before the final submission. The details provided during the form-filling will be printed on the NEET admit card, they will also be verified during the time of NEET counselling.
Once registrations are recorded, the officials, as per requests, open the NEET correction window enabling students to make changes to their online NEET application form 2023. Please make note, that corrections/edits can be made to selected fields of the form only and not to all. This option is can be availed by registered candidates only, at this point no fresh registrations are entertained. This is why NTA releases notice regarding NEET registration 2023 last date. In NEET 2022, the last date of NEET form 2022 being made available to fill up and register was 20th May 2022.
Procedure for correction in the NEET online application form:
Step I – Visit https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx. Select the candidate login option and enter your login details and click on ‘login’ button as seen below
Step II – Once details are submitted, the next window that appears is the candidate’s dashboard. Here you can select the corresponding link for correction and move toward editing
Step III – Once edited, preview the changes, recheck and submit
Details That Can Be Edited in NEET Application form – NEET Correction window
As per previous trends and data, aspirants were permitted to make edits to the following fields:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
Details That Cannot Be Edited in NEET Application form – Correction window
As per last years’ trends, NTA did not permit candidates to make changes to the below-mentioned fields. While filling out the application form for NEET, specifications were intimated to the candidates as to which details cannot be edited. These are:
- Mobile number
- Medium of question paper
- Choice of NEET exam centre
NEET Application Form Correction: Image correction – Important Instructions
- Date of taking the photo and the name of the candidate must not be printed on it
- The photograph must be recent
- Candidate must not accessorize with a goggle/cap etc. Spectacles are allowed on medical grounds
- Computer-generated and polaroid photos are not allowed
- Photos are not required to be attested
- It is not allowed to sign in capital letters
- Full signature in running handwriting
- Signature – Aspirants should sign on white paper with a black ink pen
- The image specifications are as follows:
|Photos to be uploaded||File size (in Kb)||Format of the photo|
|Postcard photo||10 to 200||JPG|
|Passport size photo||10 to 200||JPG|
|10th Class – Certificate of passing||50 to 300|
|Thumb imprint||10 to 200||JPG|
|Signature||4 to 30||JPG|
NEET Admit card 2023
Given below is a sample Admit Card from NEET 2018.
A few days before the exam date of NEET 2023, the NTA, on its official website releases the admit cards for NEET. The admit cards are to be downloaded in the online mode only, they shall not be sent through the offline mode. Candidates are required to regularly visit the official website for the latest updates.
Steps to download the NEET Admit card
- Go to the official website – neet.nta.nic.in
- “Download Admit card” – click on this link flashing on the homepage
- Enter the details asked – application number, date of birth, security pin
- Click on the Submit button. It will redirect you to the NEET Admit card page
- You may now download and have a print of the NEET hall ticket for counselling and the admission process
The last date to download your admit card of NEET shall also be announced. Candidates are advised to download their admit cards as and when released.
Do’s and Don’ts while filling the NEET Application Form
- Before filling out the NEET application form, the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility conditions and other instructions carefully and then begin to fill out the NEET application form.
- The candidate must note the NEET registration number provided, to him/her carefully at the time of filling the NEET form.
- Before submitting the NEET form 2023, applicants should make sure that the details filled in the form are correct and up to date. For example, the name of Father/Mother is mentioned correctly in the NEET application form as per class 10. The contact number, qualification details, and other details should also be mentioned.
- The NEET 2023 application form must be filled out carefully according to the instructions given in the form.
- After filling in the details, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. After completely filling out the form and successful payment, it is recommended to have a hard copy of the confirmation page for future reference.
What are the responsibilities of NTA? Role of NTA in NEET 2023
NTA (National Testing Agency) is the regulatory body for NEET. It annually conducts NEET for medical aspirants each year so that they seek admissions to undergraduate medical programmes across the country and even abroad.
Key responsibilities of NTA
- Invite online applications
- Conducting the medical entrance test
- Declaring results after conduction
- Provision of All India Rank (AIR) to the DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services), Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
BYJU’S are the best trainers for competitive exams like NEET, JEE Advanced, JEE Main, etc. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification on NEET. Know the NEET syllabus, NEET exam pattern, NEET preparation tips, etc. only at BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET 2023 Application form
Is the NEET 2023 application form released?
How to retrieve lost password for NEET application form 2023?
Are the NEET 2023 exam dates announced?
What was the NEET 2021 application process?
What is the application fee for NEET-UG 2022?
The NEET application fee amount or the NEET form fee for different categories is mentioned below:
General: INR₹ 1600/-
General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: INR ₹ 1500/-
SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender: INR ₹ 900/-