To successfully qualify any competitive test, aspirants must have a steady goal-oriented strategy. NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a renowned medical entrance examination conducted across the country by the National Testing Agency (NTA), the conducting authority. It is a highly competitive entrance test for enthusiastic medical aspirants seeking admissions in medical programmes in India.
Before starting their preparations, candidates must ensure to possess a sound understanding of the NEET syllabus specified. Additionally, candidates should know the significant events/dates and other related information on NEET 2020, so that they can schedule their study accordingly.
A major portion of NEET Syllabus comprises NCERT Class 11th and 12th board syllabus. Therefore, NCERT textbooks are one of the best books for NEET to gain an understanding of various concepts that are in the examination. However, it doesn’t suffice all the topics. Therefore, to attain mastery of such concepts, candidates must go that extra mile and refer to other relevant books for NEET.
Best books to crack NEET 2020
NEET preparation revolves around the base element – books. Getting sorted with the right mix of NEET preparation books is the priority of every NEET aspirant. Hundreds of books are available for NEET, however, having the knowledge of picking the best book for preparation is imperative. Hence, we bring to you the best set of books for NEET for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to successfully qualify the NEET UG exam.
Best Biology Book for NEET 2020
NCERT is the holy grail for Biology, the top pick for NEET Exam preparation. Students must focus on gaining conceptual knowledge by understanding all the segments of the NCERT textbooks for Biology. Morphology and Physiology concepts must be prioritized.
Aspirants can refer to the NCERT exemplar books for NEET for it offers a plethora of questions and other question banks such as the publication by Dr. Ali. It offers questions from every segment of the NCERT biology textbook. Rigorous revisions and regular practice must be routine. In addition, one must solve as many NEET previous years’ question papers and NEET sample papers as possible. For more efficient learning, formulate notes. The best and most useful NEET study materials for Biology are listed below:
- NCERT (Textbook) Biology – Class 11 & 12
- SC Verma Biology books
- Dinesh Objective Biology
- Biology by GRB Bathla’s Publications
- Trueman’s Biology – Vol 1 and Vol 2
- Biology Books by Pradeep’s Publications
NEET Chemistry Books
NCERT must be the master source for the NEET syllabus of Chemistry. Chemistry comprises Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical chemistry. Physical chemistry involves computations and estimations. Thus, candidates must have a well-practiced hand in this section of chemistry. Numericals can be solved from these books suggested for NEET chemistry.
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Organic chemistry makes up for a major and important chunk in NEET Chemistry as the recurrence of questions are more from this section, carrying weight-age. Not a single name reaction should be missed. Mechanism of reactions must be well-read and understood completely as there are more chances of questions directly appearing from here. NEET preparation books for chemistry are mentioned here:
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
- Organic Chemistry Objective by Arihant (for practicing problems)
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (For reaction mechanisms)
Inorganic chemistry is the easiest section of all. Questions appearing from this section typically are memory-based for which regular revisions are required. Inorganic chemistry can be prepared by studying from NCERT textbooks, they are adequate. Take a look at the best books for NEET inorganic chemistry, apart from NCERT here:
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry (For Chemical Bonding, Atomic Structure and Coordination Chemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Best Physics books to crack NEET 2020:
One cannot crack Physics without conceptual clarity. It necessitates the comprehension of topics for its application to solve questions. For this reason, before taking upon questions, aspirants must gain conceptual insights. A quality reference book for the same is a must. Listed below are a set of best books for NEET Physics, make a note:
- NCERT (Textbook) Physics – Class 11 & 12
- Objective Physics by Pramod Agarwal (For practicing problems in mechanics and rotational dynamics)
- D. C. Pandey Objective Physics
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (For optics, waves, and electromagnetism)
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
NEET Preparation Tips:
- Prioritize and focus on concepts with the highest weightage
- Design a study plan
- Prepare notes for all sections of NEET
- Revise regularly
- Do not ignore any topic as questions can be framed from any segment
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notifications on NEET 2020 with NEET syllabus, books and preparation tips, etc.
Recommended Question Papers for NEET Exam
- NEET 2019 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2018 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2017 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2016 Question Paper with Answers Keys
- NEET 2015 Question Paper with Answers Keys