NEET 2020 is slated to take place on 13th September 2020. The conducting body for NEET exams, the NTA (National Testing Agency) had released the NEET Application form on 2nd December 2019 where the last date to submit the online application form was 31st December 2019.
The online filling of the application form has the following 4 steps:
- Apply online by filling the details
- Uploading of scanned documents
- Make payment
- Print the confirmation page
Out of these, one of the significant steps is the uploading of documents to the portal, specifically the NEET Photo (postcard/passport) with the specifications mentioned in the information brochure released by the NTA. Turns out that candidates find it difficult and are often stuck at this step of the online filing process. When candidates arrive at this step, due to incorrect dimensions of images and documents, the page tends to show error mostly.
Trending: How To Prepare For NEET In One Month
To combat this issue, candidates often take to social media seeking online assistance from different interactive platforms to get a comprehensive sense of specifications of different documents that should be uploaded. In view of this, we at BYJU’S bring to you the breakdown of the detailed process and specifications explained in a further simplified manner after closely going through the procedure mentioned on the official website. This shall immensely help candidates to fill in the form in one go. Learn more about it.
Documents That Should Be Carried To The Exam Hall
Candidates must carry only these documents to the exam hall failing at which candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall:
- Print out of admit card along with the passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form)
- Passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form) to paste on the attendance sheet in the exam hall. One photograph is enough
- One Postcard size, color photograph (4″X6″) with a white background to be pasted on the proforma that is downloaded along with the NEET admit card which will be handed over to the examiner in the exam hall.
- Valid ID proof (original), any one of these – Aadhar card/PAN card/Voter ID/Driving License/Ration card/Passport/Class 12 roll number provided by the board/any valid photo ID proof issued by Government
- PwD certificate issued by Competent Authority (if applicable)
- Scribe (Letter of undertaking to use own scribe, if applicable)
What Are The Documents That Should Be Uploaded for NEET 2020?
Follow the list below to know the documents that are mandated by the NTA to be uploaded while online submission of the application form:
- Most recent passport size photograph
- Most recent postcard size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s left-thumb impression
- Class 10 Marksheet
Specifications of NEET Documents 2020
Candidates must follow these set of guidelines to be able to meet the requirements of images specified. For this, you can use online tools available or simply even a “Paint” application available on your laptops/desktops.
Candidates must submit their signature and refrain from any malpractice, forgery etc in which case the candidature is subject to cancellation, furthermore, a case will be filed against such candidates using the UFM and criminal action shall be launched against them as per the Country’s law.
The specifications of the documents are as indicated in the table below:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file
|Description for Online Tool
(with 72 DPI)
|Passport size photograph||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Post card size photograph||4″X6″||50 Kb to 300 Kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 Kb to 30 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Left-thumb impression||Not specified||10 Kb to 50 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 Marksheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
I. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2020 – Passport Size Photograph
- Focus of the photo should majorly be on the face with 80% and greater face coverage
- Photo must be recent, not later than 1st September, 2019
- Clear visibility of the ears
- Background of the photo should be white in colour
- Background of the photo should be plain and not have any objects or scenery
- Caps/shades and such accessories are not acceptable
- If you use spectacles regularly, then take them on. Would be better to take without them to keep away light glares
- Photographs should not be attested
- Computer-generated photographs and usage of Polaroid is not permitted
II. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2020 – Postcard Size Photograph
- You can use the same passport size photograph, resize it to get a postcard photo.
- Keep handy, at least 5 of these photos for further rounds of admission
III. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2020 – Signature
- Signature should not be in Cap locks
- Signature should be in running handwriting on a white sheet of paper with a black ink pen
- Image should be scanned to upload
IV. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2020 – Left-thumb Impression
- As per NTA, the image must be scanned to upload
- Thumb impression must not be blurry, must be clear
- Smudged impressions are not allowed
V. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2020 – Class 10 Marksheet
- Scan the passing certificate of Class 10 to upload
- Ensure the image for its clarity and visibility of all details
- Upload it to the portal with the required dimensions as described above
Note: Candidates must ensure that the uploaded documents meet all the requirements mentioned in this article. If one fails to upload even one of these documents due to various reasons, the NEET application form will not be submitted and hence further steps shall be stalled. The next step in line after uploading documents is the payment of fee, which will not take place until the documents are not uploaded with the mentioned specifications, subsequently the candidate will not be registered. Hence document-uploading is an important step in the process.
Discrepancies In Image
In the instance where a candidate faces any differences/issues in the NEET Photo 2020 size, specifications, document format etc, the NTA shall keep the candidate informed about the same either via email or SMS.
- Visit the official website ntaneet.nic.in and click on ‘NEET candidate login’ tab
- Fill in your application number and password (as entered while filling online form)
- Click on the option of uploading documents (signature/photograph) that the screen displays
- Upload the corrected image as per specification
- Verify the image and then click on submit
- You will receive an OTP on mail and phone number
- Enter the same
- NEET Correction slip is generated
- Print it out
For more on NEET 2020, register at BYJU’S.