NEET 2022 is scheduled to take place on 17th July 2022. The conducting body for NEET exams, the NTA (National Testing Agency) commenced the registration process on 6th April 2022.
NEET-UG 2022 Size of Photo
The online filling of the NEET application form has the following 4 steps:
- Apply online by filling in the details to register
- Uploading of scanned documents
- Make payment
- Print the confirmation page
Also see: NEET questions
Table of Contents:
Out of these, one of the significant steps is the uploading of documents to the portal, specifically the NEET Photo (postcard/passport) with the specifications mentioned in the information brochure released by the NTA. Turns out that candidates find it difficult and are often stuck at this step of the online filing process. When candidates arrive at this step, due to incorrect dimensions of images and documents, the page tends to show errors mostly.
Trending: How To Prepare For NEET In One Month
To combat this issue, candidates often take to social media, seeking online assistance from different interactive platforms to get a comprehensive sense of the specifications of different documents that should be uploaded. In view of this, we at BYJU’S bring to you the breakdown of the detailed process and specifications explained in a further simplified manner after closely going through the procedure mentioned on the official website. This shall immensely help candidates to fill in the form in one go. Learn more about it.
Documents That Should Be Carried To The Exam Hall
Candidates must carry only these documents to the exam hall, failing at which candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall:
- Print out of admit card along with the passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form)
- Passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form) to paste on the attendance sheet in the exam hall. One photograph is enough
- One Postcard size, colour photograph (4″X6″) with a white background to be pasted on the pro forma that is downloaded along with the NEET admit card which will be handed over to the examiner in the exam hall.
- Valid ID proof (original), any one of these – Aadhaar card/PAN card/Voter ID/Driving License/Ration card/Passport/Class 12 roll number provided by the board/any valid photo ID proof issued by Government
- PwD certificate issued by Competent Authority (if applicable)
- Scribe (Letter of undertaking to use own scribe, if applicable)
More here: NEET notes
What Are The Documents That Should Be Uploaded for NEET 2022?
Follow the list below to know the documents that are mandated by the NTA to be uploaded while online submission of the application form:
- Most recent passport size photograph
- Most recent postcard size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s thumb impression
- Class 10 Marksheet
Explore: Quiz videos on NEET
Specifications of NEET Documents 2022
Candidates must follow this set of guidelines to be able to meet the requirements of the images specified. For this, you can use online tools available or simply even a “Paint” application available on your laptops/desktops.
Candidates must submit their signature and refrain from any malpractice, forgery etc. in which case the candidature is subject to cancellation, furthermore, a case will be filed against such candidates using the UFM and criminal action shall be launched against them as per the Country’s law.
All the documents provided must be clearly legible. The specifications of the documents are as indicated in the table below:
|Latest Passport size Photograph||JPG||Size: 10 kb to 200 kb|
|Post Card size photograph (4”X6”)||JPG||Size: 10 kb – 200 kb|
|Signature||JPG||Size: 4 kb to 30 kb|
|Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impressions||JPG||File size: 10 kb to 200 kb|
|Class X passed the certificate||File size: 50 kb to 300 kb|
|Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.)||File size: 50 kb to 300 kb|
|PwBD certificate||File size: 50 kb to 300 kb|
|Citizenship Certificate/ Embassy Certificate or any Documentary proof of
|File size: 50 kb to 300 kb|
I. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2022 – Passport Size Photograph
- Focus of the photo should majorly be on the face with 80% and greater face coverage
- Photo must be recent
- Clear visibility of the ears
- Background of the photo should be white in colour
- Background of the photo should be plain and not have any objects or scenery
- Caps/shades and such accessories are not acceptable
- If you use spectacles regularly, then take them on. Would be better to take it without them to keep away light glares
- Photographs need not be attested. Candidates are advised to keep 6 to 8 passport size and 4 to 6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colour photographs with white backgrounds
- Computer-generated photographs and usage of Polaroid is not permitted
II. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2022 – Postcard Size Photograph
- You can use the same passport size photograph, resize it to get a postcard photo.
- Keep handy, at least 4 to 6 of these photos (4”X6”) – colour photographs with white background
III. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2022 – Signature
- Signature should not be in Cap locks
- The full signature should be in running handwriting on a white sheet of paper with a black ink pen
- Image should be scanned to upload
IV. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2022 – Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impressions
- As per NTA, the image must be scanned to upload
- Thumb impression must not be blurry, must be clear
- Smudged impressions are not allowed
V. Specifications Of NEET Documents 2022 – Class 10 Marksheet
- Scan the passing certificate of Class 10 to upload
- Ensure the image for its clarity and visibility of all details
- Upload it to the portal with the required dimensions as described above
Note: Candidates must ensure that the uploaded documents meet all the requirements mentioned in this article. If one fails to upload even one of these documents due to various reasons, the NEET application form will not be submitted, and hence further steps shall be stalled. The next step in line after uploading documents is the payment of fee, which will not take place until the documents are not uploaded with the mentioned specifications, subsequently, the candidate will not be registered. Hence document uploading is an important step in the process.
Discrepancies In Image
In the instance where a candidate faces any differences/issues in the NEET Photo 2022 size, specifications, document format, etc., the NTA shall keep the candidate informed about the same either via email or SMS.
- Visit the official website, ntaneet.nic.in and click on the ‘NEET candidate login’ tab
- Fill in your application number and password (as entered while filling out the online form)
- Click on the option of uploading documents (signature/photograph) that the screen displays
- Upload the corrected image as per the specification
- Verify the image and then click on submit
- You will receive an OTP by mail and phone number
- Enter the same
- NEET Correction slip is generated
- Print it out
For more on NEET 2022, register at BYJU’S.