Kick start your preparation for NEET. Know how to start preparing for NEET, the exam pattern, syllabus, basically a complete guide to preparing for NEET 2022. It is always recommended to start preparing for NEET well in advance and this is the best time to start. Without much ado, let’s get started.
Also see: NEET Questions
Table of contents
- NEET 2022 Preparation
- What’s New In NEET 2022
- Approach for NEET 2022
- NEET 2022 Syllabus
- Books To Prepare For NEET 2022
- Subject-wise NEET preparation 2022
- NEET 2022 Preparation At Home – Self Studying For NEET 2022
NEET 2022 Preparation
- NEET, from the academic session 2020-2021 is considered to be a centralized medical entrance test for candidates seeking admissions to undergraduate medical courses, thus replacing all possible state-level and other entrance tests
- NEET 2022 shall take place on 17th July 2022
- It is typically taken up by students who have cleared class 12 board exams with majors in Physics, Chemistry and Biology streams
- Successfully qualifying candidates can seek admissions to undergraduate medical courses across the country for medical programmes such as – MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses and also admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER institutes
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours 20 minutes, number of MCQs being 200 (of which 180 are to be answered) and total marks – 720, where 4 marks are awarded for every correct response, and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect response. No marks are deducted for a question that is left unattempted
- 45 questions are asked in Physics and Chemistry sections each, while 90 questions are asked in the Biology section
See: NEET Exam Pattern
What’s New In NEET 2022?
In NEET 2021, there was a slight change in the pattern, and it continues even in NEET 2022, wherein each subject has 2 sections – Section A (35 questions), and Section B (15 questions). Only 10 questions need to be answered out of 15 questions from Section B. So, 35+10 questions = 45 questions in total from each of the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology). This change was in the view of rationalizing the decision taken to reduce the syllabus by different boards in 2021.
Increase in exam duration
NEET 2022 saw another alteration that could be a game-changer for students. The exam duration has now been increased by 20 minutes. Hence, the total duration of NEET-UG 2022 is now 3 hours 20 minutes or 200 minutes. Students now have some extra time to solve the 180 questions.
Revision in exam application fee
The application fee for NEET-UG 2022 has been revised and increased. Find below the details of the revised application fee –
|Category||Fee (INR)||Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||₹ 1600/-||₹ 8500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||₹ 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||₹ 900/-|
Inclusion of new exam centres
A total of approximately 543 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022
Upper age limit removed
There is no upper age limit for NEET-UG henceforth. Consequently, students aged 17 years and above can attempt NEET any number of times.
Further changes, if any, shall be updated as and when available. Watch this space for the latest on NEET 2022.
More: NEET FAQs
Approach For NEET 2022 – NEET 2022 Preparation Strategy
Hands down, NEET is deemed as one of the most challenging competitive exams in the country. Students must follow a proper schedule, and have set strategies and an efficient study plan to clear NEET in the very first attempt. Here, we bring to the step-by-step guidelines you can follow to prepare for NEET 2022.
1. Know the exam pattern and syllabus for NEET from the official website for NEET – ntaneet.ac.in
2. Go through previous years’ question papers to get an idea of exam pattern, marking scheme, etc., to get acquainted with NEET thoroughly.
3. Take printouts of chapter-wise weightage for all subjects – a blueprint and prioritize chapters accordingly
4. Prepare a schedule, an effective study planner, which includes equally divided slots for all subjects
5. Know the right mix of study material to learn from. Master NCERT syllabus for classes 11 and 12 first and then move to relevant sources.
6. Prepare your own notes. This is a good time to start preparing notes. Study from NCERT and form concise notes in your own words. Make use of highlighters, mind maps, mnemonics, flow charts, diagrams, etc. to ensure that NCERT terminologies are intact while framing notes.
7. Focus on gaining conceptual clarity at this stage, get your doubts cleared.
8. Solve one question paper every day to enhance time management skills
9. Take up one mock test every day to improve levels of speed and accuracy
10. Set daily targets and achieve them
11. Revise exhaustively, practise rigorously
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The value of time in students’ academic life is precious. It has been taken into consideration time and again with various measures. In 2021, in view of the COVID-19 situation, candidates preparing to appear for NEET 2021 were most likely to have a reduced NEET syllabus. However, the exam pattern was changed slightly considering the syllabus. As of NEET 2022, the syllabus remains unchanged, it is the same.
The details of the syllabus for NEET are available on the official website. Visit the official website for NEET, to get the latest information on the same.
Check out: NEET Quiz Videos
Books To Prepare For NEET 2022
(For reaction mechanisms)
You might like: NEET MCQs
Subject-wise NEET preparation 2022
- Gain conceptual clarity. Understand topics rather than memorizing
- Develop theoretical knowledge to be applied to solve numerical problems
- Solve a diverse set of questions covering various topics, to get an idea about the type of question, formula to be applied and steps to be executed as soon as you encounter the question. This is to improve your reflexes as technically 1 minute is allocated to solve 1 question in the NEET UG exam
- Practise numerical problems, regularly focus on enhancing speed and accuracy, which also helps to increase analysing power and the will to find the solution to the problem
- Make a list of all formulae, and revisit them once every morning. Try to solve numerical on every formula
- Follow coaching material in addition to the suggested books for Physics. These modules are specially designed for entrance exams, setting the tone of the exam
- Refer to NCERT exemplar questions for more relevant questions
- Understanding, memorizing and practising is the drill for NEET Chemistry
- Master NCERT and then move to relevant sources
- Refer to coaching modules in addition to exposure to a diverse set of topics
- Practise and attempt new questions
- Study reaction-mechanisms. Learn named reactions
- Prepare your own notes while studying for speedy reference
- Read NCERT line by line. Then move to modules from coaching institutes, lecture notes etc. Collate information from all possible sources for a topic and master the topic
- Move to solve questions on that topic. The market is flooded with books providing questions, topics wise, chapters wise. Use them.
- Revise rigorously, solve as many papers as possible
- Practise diagrams along with labellings, they are important
- Prepare your own notes, use mnemonics, flowcharts, graphs, etc.
NEET 2022 Preparation At Home – Self Studying For NEET 2022
NEET has been cracked by students with self-studies as well. One just needs to be disciplined and determined enough. Strictly following a schedule for NEET Preparation, studying for 12-14 hours a day for NEET exclusively, setting an aim, prioritizing gaining conceptual knowledge rather than mere memorization, selecting the right study material, taking up mock tests, revising and practising more and more, most importantly, getting all your doubts clarified by seniors, experts, teachers or through online assistance. If one follows these steps, he/she is sure to achieve the feat of cracking NEET through self-studies.
What sets a coaching attendee apart from students studying at home is the fact that they are “mentored” under expert guidance. One can easily keep a check on self with the help of various apps in the market, tracking progress and constantly being motivated by rewarding oneself. Additionally, get all your doubts solved by experts in the field.
Read more: Study Time Table for NEET 2022
Remember to aim high and stay motivated and dedicated. With smartly working hard, one can top NEET and get entry into the medical college of your choice. Hope these steps were helpful to fuel your journey to start preparing for NEET. The upcoming topic for NEET preparation is – time table for NEET preparation in 1-month pdf. Stay connected for it and for more such engaging content on NEET, visit BYJU’S.
Also Check: How To Prepare for NEET at home without coaching
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET 2022 Preparation
What is the best time to start preparing for NEET?
While there is no right time to start preparation, it is always better to start preparing for NEET much in advance to have a strong grip on concepts, ample time, plan and implement strategies at least a year or two prior to NEET-UG exams for best results.
Can I prepare for NEET in one year?
Covering and mastering the NEET syllabus of 2 years, i.e., classes 11 and 12, that too NEET level preparation is certainly challenging in one year. It would demand utmost consistency and discipline clubbed with smart strategies. With this in place, one should be able to crack NEET with one year’s preparation; it is certainly not impossible.