Kick start your preparation for NEET 2021. Know how to start preparing for NEET, the exam pattern, syllabus, basically a complete guide to preparing for NEET 2021. It is always recommended to start preparing for NEET well in advance and this is the best time to start. Without much ado, let’s get started.
Table of contents
- Highlights – NEET 2021 Preparation
- What’s New In NEET 2021
- Approach for NEET 2021
- NEET 2021 Syllabus
- Books To Prepare For NEET 2021
- Subject-wise NEET preparation 2021
- NEET 2021 Preparation At Home
Highlights – NEET 2021 Preparation
- NEET, from the academic session 2020-2021 is considered to be a centralized medical entrance test for candidates seeking admissions to undergraduate medical courses, thus replacing all possible state-level and other entrance tests
- NEET 2021 is most likely expected to take place in the first week of May 2021
- NEET shall be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), the application forms shall be made available to students in the first or second week of December 2020
- It is typically taken up by students who have cleared class 12 board exams with majors in Physics, Chemistry and Biology streams
- Successfully qualifying candidates can seek admissions to undergraduate medical courses across the country for medical programmes such as – MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses and also admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER institutes
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours, number of questions – 180 and total marks – 720, where 4 marks are awarded for every correct response, and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect response. No marks are deducted for a question that is left unattempted
- 45 questions are asked from Physics and Chemistry sections, while 90 questions are asked from Biology
See: NEET Exam Pattern
What’s New In NEET 2021?
So far, there has been no update on any changes to the exam pattern for NEET 2021 however, it is said that the syllabus is most likely to be reduced. This is in view of the time students have lost in the wake of COVID-19. Everything else such as the mode of exam, pattern, marking scheme, duration apparently remains the same.
Changes, if any, shall be updated as and when available. Watch this space for the latest on NEET 2021.
More: NEET FAQs
Approach For NEET 2021 – NEET 2021 Preparation Strategy
Hands down, NEET is deemed as one of the most challenging competitive exams in the country. Students must follow a proper schedule, have set strategies and an efficient study plan to clear NEET in the very first attempt. Here, we bring to the step-by-step guidelines you can follow to prepare for NEET 2021.
1. Know the exam pattern and syllabus for NEET from the official website for NEET – ntaneet.ac.in
2. Go through previous years’ questions papers to get an idea of exam pattern, marking scheme, etc.get acquainted with NEET thoroughly.
3. Take printouts of chapter-wise weightage for all subjects – a blueprint and prioritize chapters accordingly
4. Prepare a schedule, an effective study planner which includes equally divided slots for all subjects
5. Know the right mix of study material to learn from. Master NCERT syllabus for classes 11 & 12 first and then move to relevant sources.
6. Prepare your own notes. This is a good time to start preparing notes. Study from NCERT and form concise notes in your own words. Make use of highlighters, mind maps, mnemonics, flow charts, diagrams etc. ensure that NCERT terminologies are intact while framing notes.
7. Focus on gaining conceptual clarity at this stage, get your doubts cleared.
8. Solve one question paper everyday to enhance time management skills
9. Take up one mock test every day to improve levels of speed and accuracy
10. Set daily targets and achieve them
11. Revise exhaustively, practice rigorously
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The value of time in students’ academic life is precious. It has been taken into consideration time and again with various measures. This time around too, in view of COVID-19 situation, candidates preparing to appear for NEET 2021 are most likely to have reduced syllabus. The details of the syllabus for NEET 2021 shall be declared soon by the officials. Visit the official website for NEET, to get the latest and most authentic information on the same.
Check out: NEET Syllabus
Books To Prepare For NEET 2021
(For reaction mechanisms)
You might like: NEET MCQs
Subject-wise NEET preparation 2021
- Gain conceptual clarity. Understand topics rather than memorizing
- Develop theoretical knowledge to be applied to solve numerical problems
- Solve a diverse set of questions covering various topics, to get an idea about the type of question, formula to be applied and steps to be executed as soon as you encounter the question. This is to improve your reflexes and technically 1 minute is allocated to solve 1 questions in the NEET UG exam
- Practice numerical problems, regularly focus on enhancing speed and accuracy, which also helps to increase analysing power and the will to find the solution to the problem
- Make a list of all formulae, revisit them once every morning. Try to solve numerical on every formula
- Follow coaching material in addition to the suggested books for Physics. These modules are specially designed for entrance exams, setting the tone of the exam
- Refer NCERT exemplar questions for more relevant questions
- Understand, memorize and practice is the drill for NEET Chemistry
- Master NCERT and then move to relevant sources
- Refer to coaching modules in addition for exposure to a diverse set of topics
- Practice and attempt new questions
- Study reaction-mechanisms. Learn named reactions
- Prepare own notes while studying for speedy reference
- Read NCERT line by line. Then move to modules from coaching institutes, lecture notes etc. Collate information from all possible sources for a topic and master the topic
- Move to solve questions on that topic. The market is flooded with books providing questions, topic wise, chapter wise. Use them.
- Revise rigorously, solve as many papers as possible
- Practice diagrams along with labellings, they are important
- Prepare your own notes, use mnemonics, flowcharts, graphs etc
NEET 2021 Preparation At Home – Self Studying For NEET 2021
NEET has been cracked by students with self-studies as well. One just needs to be disciplined and determined enough. Strictly following a time table, studying for 12-14 hours a day for NEET exclusively, setting an aim, prioritizing gaining conceptual knowledge rather than mere memorization, selecting the right study material, taking up mock tests, revising and practising more and more, most importantly, getting all your doubts clarified by seniors, experts, teachers or through online assistance. If one follows these steps, he/she is sure to achieve the feat of cracking NEET through self-studies.
What sets a coaching attendee apart from students studying at home is the fact that they are “mentored”. One can easily keep a check on self with the help of various apps in the market, tracking progress and by constantly being motivated by rewarding oneself.
Remember to aim high and stay motivated and dedicated. With smartly working hard, one can top NEET and get entry into the medical college of your choice. Hope these steps were helpful to fuel your journey to start preparing for NEET 2021. For more such engaging content on NEET, visit BYJU’S.