Yes, an average student can certainly crack NEET with the highest scores, provided he/she is dedicated, invested in smart techniques and consistent with preparation strategy.
Average performance at exams often bogs down students and blocks the mind, causing them to slip into a zone of self-doubting their own capabilities. Remember, results are seen only when one comes out of his/her comfort zone. Any student, for that matter, must adopt smart strategies, making preparation more productive at every level to succeed. Systematic approach coupled with proper guidance and dedication can leverage and uplift preparations notches higher.
A common and major loophole causing hindrance in cracking NEET is lack of conceptual clarity. Doubts arise when one fails to solve questions efficiently, poor performance in mock tests or consistent lower grades. The fundamental cause for all this is a poor understanding of concepts, which must be dealt at the root level.
Check more: How many marks are required to clear NEET?
How Can An Average Student Prepare To Crack NEET?
Firstly, one must not consider or tag oneself as an average student/performer. Remember, tables can be turned provided a well-planned strategy, proper guidance and dedication towards the goal. Jotted down are a few pointers you can adapt, if you are looking at cracking NEET.
- Strategize and prepare a study planner
- Seek assistance to gain conceptual knowledge and clarity. Prioritize this.
- Take up tests and analyse your performance. Identify mistakes and constantly work on them to actively turn weaknesses to strengths. Invest considerable time on this
- Centre your focus on enhancing your levels of accuracy and speed
- Practice, practice and more practice
- Revise all topics learnt at the end of the day, without fail
- Pick up important tips and tricks, shortcuts to solving questions, with lesser time, fewer steps
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Prefer smart work over hard work
- Learn effective management of time
- Solve as many question papers as possible
- Prepare self-made notes
Remember, NEET does not assess your memory, rather your ability to apply acquired knowledge. Even the brightest student, with a great academic record, can have disappointing results if exam temperament is not maintained and smart techniques are not followed. Don’t aim to be an excellent student, rather aim to be a judicious one. Learn more about NEET, at BYJU’S.