The PCS exam full form is the Provincial Civil Service Examination. In this article, we will list the eligibility criteria for the PCS exam conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC).
The PCS Exam details are as follows:
- UPPSC official notification for PCS 2019 exam is still awaited, however, UPPSC calendars for 2019, 2020 exams are out.
- The latest UPPSC calendar for 2019 has mentioned the dates of PCS 2019 Prelims (December 15, 2019).
- The latest UPPSC calendar for 2019 has mentioned the dates of PCS 2019 Mains (April 20, 2020, onwards).
- The PCS exam is conducted in three stages (similar to the IAS exam):
- The UP PCS Mains 2018 exam starts from October 18, 2019.
Recent UPPSC news:
- On September 07, 2019, UPPSC Mains 2017 Result was declared and UPPSC Interview 2017 dates were announced on September 11, 2019.
- In February 2019, the final UPPSC Result 2016 was declared.
- In March 2019, the result of UPPSC Prelims 2018 was declared
- The UPPSC exam date for Mains 2018 is from June 17, 2019, onwards.
- The upcoming Mains exams will be as per the UPPSC new pattern 2018.
To check/download the latest UPPSC results, refer to the linked article.
Regarding the new pattern of UPPSC and the updated PCS Exam syllabus, candidates can view/download the latest UPPSC Syllabus and PCS Exam Pattern from the linked page.
PCS Exam Eligibility
- For claiming the benefit of reservation or age relaxation, candidates must:
- Have a domicile of UP
- A category certificate from the competent authority
- In the case of women candidates, the caste/domicile certificate issued from father’s side shall be considered valid.
- The prescribed format will be given in the UPPSC notification
- Male candidates with more than one wife (living) are not eligible
- Female candidates who have married a person already having a wife (living) are not eligible.
- Female candidates who are pregnant (12 weeks or more) will be declared temporarily unfit.
- Candidates claiming Age relaxation/reservation in more than one category for the UP PCS Exam shall be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial.
The UPPSC PCS exam eligibility criteria, qualifications, and conditions are given below:
UPPSC Age Limit
The PCS exam (Combined State/Upper Sub-ordinate Services Exam) age limit is:
- Minimum age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 40 years
The UPPSC notification also lists the age relaxation for different categories/posts in the PCS exam eligibility:
|SC||5 years age limit relaxation|
|ST||5 years age limit relaxation|
|OBC||5 years age limit relaxation|
|Skilled players of U.P. of Classified Games||5 years age limit relaxation|
|State Govt. Employees of U.P. (including Teachers/Staff of Basic Shiksha Parishad and Govt. aided Madhyamik Vidyalayas)||5 years age limit relaxation|
|Physically Handicapped||15 years age limit relaxation|
The educational qualification for the PCS exam is:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University or equivalent qualification
- There are also some post-specific PCS Exam qualifications which are given below.
The PCS exam eligibility also includes Physical Measurements/Fitness for certain posts. Candidates have to undergo a medical test after the interview to be considered eligible. Physical Measurements will be applicable for the following UPPSC posts:
- Dy. Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Jail
- District Commandant Home Guards
- Excise Inspector etc.
For the complete PCS Exam eligibility criteria, refer the latest UPPSC notification.