SSC JE Salary – One of the most vital reasons candidates opt for a job in Staff Selection Commission is the SSC JE salary. The SSC JE salary has seen a significant increase after the 7th pay commission. Once the recruitment will be done, the aspirants will receive a total of 44, 000/- rupees as salary along with the other benefits and allowances.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC JE exam each year and it is considered one of the most prestigious jobs in the country. Candidates willing to apply for the exam can visit the SSC JE exam page for more details regarding the vacancies, job profile, recruitment procedure, etc.
In this article, we shall discuss the detailed SSC JE salary cfor different posts. Candidates interested in joining the Staff Selection Commission for other posts can visit SSC exams page for more information.
SSC JE Salary Structure 2022
After the implementation of the 7th pay commission, the monthly in-hand salary for SSC Junior Engineer (JE) has become Rs 44,000 including the following:
- Basic pay
- DA (Dearness allowance)
- HRA (House rent allowance)
- Earning and deduction
- Net salary
Under this Job profile, Junior Engineers get posted in various Government Organisations or Departments according to their specialisations and requirement raised by each department respectively. The SSC JE salary structure 2021 is given below for various posts.
The table below gives details about the Post and SSC JE salary structure 2021 after 7th pay commission:
|Name of Organization||Name of Post||SSC JE Salary|
|Border Roads Organization, Ministry of Defence||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance, Naval||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance, Naval||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contracts)||Rs 35400-112400/-|
For details on the SSC Salary of other exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, check the link provided.
SSC JE Salary After 7th Pay Commission
The SSC Junior Engineer Salary after 7th pay commission including all the allowance is as follows:
SSC JE Salary After 7th Pay Commission = (Basic pay as on 1st January 2016 X 2.57) + Allowances
So, the SSC Junior Engineer pay band comes under the level 6 pay matrix that is Rs.35400 to Rs.112400. Hence in hand salary will be around 44000/- including all the allowances.
Department wise SSC Junior Engineer Salary 2021
|Department Name||Post name||SSC JE Grade Pay in (Rs)||SSC JE Gross Pay in (Rs)||SSC JE In hand Salary in (Rs)|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4200||32,667 to 37,119||29,455 to 33,907|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|Central Public Works Department||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|Central Public Works Department||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|DP (Department of Post)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|DP (Department of Post)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|MES (Military Engineering Service)||Mechanical Junior Engineer||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|MES (Military Engineering Service)||JE Quantity Surveying and Contract||4200||32,667 to 36,119||29,445 to 33,907|
|Do you wish to have income the same as the SSC JE salary? Then, gear up your SSC JE prep with the following links:-|
Candidates preparing for other exams conducted by SSC can go through the Free Online SSC Mock Tests to practise and prepare well for the exam.
SSC JE – Growth Opportunities
Candidates willing to join SSC for various posts under Junior Engineer profile must note that promotions are held based on various departmental exams and the employees can grow in the organisation by taking up these opportunities.
SSC Junior Engineers can further be promoted to:
- SSC Executive Engineer
- SSC Section Engineer
Aspirants must try to flourish in the SSC JE exam for an established career and a stable job profile. The SSC JE salary is an added advantage as there are increments provided at regular intervals. The pay band of Junior Engineer falls under Level-6 of pay matrix of 7th pay commission is Rs.35400-112400/-
Roles/Responsibilities under SSC JE Post
In SSC JE, there are three different technical branches Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil. Hence, each of those SSC JE Job Profiles differs.
Here is brief information about the work roles of an SSC JE employee. Understand the work profile completely then proceed to use it for your respective branch of engineering.
- Supervision of Work: During the start, the engineer supervises all functions and understand the functions and goals of the organization and add accordance to it.
- Planning: to make an estimate and plans for repairs and renovation and will be ready to know the work of a contractor and handle workers/laborers.
- Accounts: liable for maintaining bills for all work administered by the contractor. Also be liable for contributing to the bookkeeping process incurred by the section he’s working for.
- Scheme Execution: have a radical understanding of the schemes of the government and make sure of the smooth workflow of these schemes and execute all necessary tasks.
- Assisting Superiors: report back on a day-to-day basis to his or her superiors briefing about all happenings within the department and the project. Also, prepare reports and provide them to superiors with the details on the performance of kit and apparatus.
- Technical skills: to have an honest deal of technical skills imbibed during graduation that are required to be used on the work.
- Maintenance of Equipment: must make sure the safety of kit and equipment of the organisation is maintained.
- Implementation of Design: implement design after using CAD software or modeling software.
- Liaison with suppliers: create liaison with suppliers to urge the simplest products.
- Undertake research: to undertake research from time to time, in order to improve the current processes of the organization.
- Test Products: may need to test products to see how they perform under different types of conditions. This may vary consistent with the field posted.
- Analyze data: to research and interpret scientific data whenever required.
Aspirants of other exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission can go through the given link for relevant details.
|SSC Exam Date||SSC Admit Card||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Results||SSC Preparation|
|SSC Online||SSC Eligibility||SSC Cut Off|
Aspirants applying for various government exams can check the linked article for post-wise salary structure for examination.
Candidates can also go through the important government exams:
Frequently Asked Question- SSC JE Salary 2022
Q.1. What is the SSC JE Salary in Hand?
Q.2. What is the role of a candidate selected for SSC JE profile?
Q.3. What is the highest promotion post an SSC Junior Engineer employee can attain?
Q.4. What is the Salary of SSC Junior Engineer?
Q.5. Is SSC JE Group B or C?
Q.6. What is Inhand salary of SSC JE?
Q.7. What is the effect of the 7th Pay Commission reforms on SSC JE Salary?
Q.8. What is the highest promotion an SSC JE Junior Engineer can attain?
Q.9. What is salary of SSC JE after 10 years?
|SSC Exams Related Links|
|IBPS SO Syllabus||LIC AAO Recruitment|
|SSC JE Notification||IBPS Clerk Salary|
|SSC CGL Notification||Reasoning Ability|
|Bank PO Syllabus||IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis|
|IBPS PO Prelims||IBPS Clerk Syllabus|