SSC JE Preparation 2021- A few good SSC JE Books, a detailed understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus along with the strategized plan for SSC JE preparation is what is necessary in order to crack the SSC JE exam.
As a matter of fact, SSC JE preparation becomes easy when you have your own preparation strategy and planning in place. In this article, we bring a few tips and tricks which will help in your SSC Junior Engineer exam preparation for the year 2020-2021.
To know about other SSC Exams, visit the linked article.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
The selection process of the SSC Junior Engineer is divided into two stages. There are two Papers in the SSC JE exam:
- Paper I: This is a computer-based online test of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II: This is a conventional (offline) descriptive test for 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
During preparation, candidates should focus on all the engineering branches (i.e., Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical) as mentioned in the SSC JE Notification which will help them to take the exam comfortably.
There are different sections in Paper I of the SSC JE exam. The SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper I) is given below:
|SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper I (Computer-based Exam)|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|JE 2020 – 22-03-2021 to 25-03-2021
JE 2019 – 27-10-2020 to 30-10-2020
|General Intelligence||50||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
|General Engineering (Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical)||100|
Candidates willing to appear for the next recruitment of JE examination can check SSC JE eligibility in detail.
The SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper I) is given below:
|The SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper II|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|To Be announced||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|300||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
Note: In Paper II, a candidate can choose only one part to attempt the exam.
How to prepare for the SSC JE Exam?
Here are some useful SSC JE Preparation tips for the exam:
- Understand the JE Syllabus: In order to do well in the SSC Junior Engineer, it is imperative that you should be fully aware of the SSC JE syllabus and exam pattern of SSC. Try to do a topic-wise and difficulty-wise segregation of topics of the different sections of the exam.
- Create a Personalised Study Plan & Timetable: While preparing for the exam, it is important for an applicant to prepare an SSC JE study plan which suits his/her requirements as it is an organized schedule that will help him/ her to outline the study time and set learning goals. Candidates can check How to start SSC exam preparation in the given link.
- Select the best SSC JE study material – Myriads of options as SSC JE Study materials are available both online and offline for SSC JE exam preparation. But candidates are advised to select the Best SSC JE Books and materials, study from them religiously and revise them properly, that would be sufficient for a good SSC JE preparation. Do not try to run through multiple books and material for one topic or subject.
- Brush up your basics: As an SSC JE applicant, you are required to be thorough with your basics and try to understand the purpose behind every concept that you study during your preparation.
- Make Notes whenever possible: During your preparation, try to make your own notes so that you can refer these while revising the paper before the exam. Highlight important points wherever necessary. The article on How to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching can guide the candidates well for preparation.
- Refer Previous Year Papers: A very important part of your SSC JE preparation is to refer prior years papers to understand the weightage of different questions and also get knowledge about the difficulty level of each section. Try to solve as many practice questions as possible so that you are able to answer a particular question during the main exam without wasting much time in solving it.
- Take Simulated Mock Tests: Taking SSC Junior Engineer mock tests will definitely help you get a fair idea about the status of your preparation and capture your strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas which need improvement.
Candidates should leave no stone unturned for SSC Junior Engineer preparation, hence they should also check the common mistakes to avoid in SSC exams that usually sone by almost all exam takers.
Aspirants of JE willing to appear in the next recruitment can go through the given links to understand the examination and relevant details better:
|SSC JE Apply Online||SSC JE Exam Dates||SSC JE Admit Card|
|SSC JE Cut Off||SSC JE Result||SSC JE Result|
Also, check SSC Junior Engineer salary in the given link to know the post-wise basic pay and structure of various JE posts.
Subject-Wise Approach to crack SSC JE Exam
Aspirants can find the subject-wise segregation below:
- General Intelligence: In this section, the questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. It is advisable for applicants to refer to prior years papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty.
For SSC JE reasoning preparation candidates should go through the 3 sutras to prepare for reasoning ability so that they can prepare and strategise their preparation well.
For the reasoning section, it is important that candidates have a firm knowledge of each and every topic. A few important links that can assist candidates to gain conceptual clarity on various topics as well as understand the type of reasoning questions asked in JE exam are given below.
More such concept-based articles on reasoning topics can be found on the Logical Reasoning page linked here.
- General Awareness: In this section, candidates need to be aware of current affairs and daily news. Having the knowledge of what’s going around the world will help the candidates to remain at their toes. For practice, applicants can also take up a few SSC JE preparation online quizzes to stay updated.
For assistance in the preparation of current affairs part of the SSC JE General awareness section candidates can check the following links:
Candidates can go through a few important topics of General awareness that are asked as a part of Static GK-
|Countries And Their National Games||Countries, Capital & Currency||Tennis Grand Slam Winners list|
|List of Arjuna Award Winners||Fathers Of Various Fields||Countries And Their Parliament List|
More such topics that are frequently asked in the general awareness section can be found on the Static GK page linked here.
Aspirants of other exams by SSC can check SSC General Awareness for relevant topics and important questions.
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical): In this section, applicants are required to have core engineering knowledge of their respective fields. It is imperative for candidates to be thorough with the theoretical concepts as most of the questions are based on basics knowledge. Practising is important. Hence, applicants should try to practice more and more questions to solve numerical problems and have complete theoretical knowledge and its application, be aware of mathematical formulae thereby upskilling their problem-solving prowess.
Candidates can check 100 difference Between Articles for Revision that is based on different subjects and concepts.
SSC JE Preparation For Mechanical Engineering
The preparation for Mechanical Engineering is a simple effort but it needs constant effort to do well. The following are the key points to remember while preparing for Mechanical Engineering in the SSC JE Exam:
- Aspirants must familiarise with the complete syllabus of Mechanical Engineering, to this end previous years question papers/ question banks will be of great help.
- Candidates must ensure that all doubts and concepts are clear before attempting mock tests.
- At least a minimum of 2 hours must be allotted to efficiently solve SSC Mock Tests for JE exam.
- Candidates must analyze their progress on the SSC JE Preparation on a daily basis in order to keep a watch on their progress in the SSC JE Preparation for Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Preparation For Electrical Engineering
On the outset, the SSC JE Electrical Engineering subject may look difficult, but a little effort is more than enough to crack it. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for Electrical Engineering subject:
- Candidates must polish their knowledge on the Electrical Engineering syllabus for SSC JE preparation.
- A list of repeatedly asked topics must be prepared, along with short notes for quick reference if required.
- For the Electrical Engineering exam, the questions will be mostly about theoretical concepts. Clearing theoretical concepts must take priority.
- At least about 12-15 % of the Electrical Engineering question paper will be based on the measurement and measuring instruments and it is a mix of theory and numerical.
- From Basic Electronics, questions will be theoretical or simple formula based. These questions are not to be avoided as candidates can score high marks from attempting these questions
SSC JE Preparation For Civil Engineering
Like all the other streams, hard work and a clear cut strategy are all that is needed while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream:
- Familiarisation with the Civil Engineering syllabus is a must for SSC JE preparation.
- Find relevant books, previous year questions, and exam analysis covering every topic of the SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus.
- The questions from SSC JE Civil Engineering will mostly be theoretical in nature. Around 70-80% of total questions will be theoretical and one must clear their theoretical concepts in order to be able to answer most of the questions.
- Learn time management while practising for SSC JE Civil Engineering.
Candidates preparing for SSC JE exam or any other examination conducted by the Selection Commission can visit the SSC Mock Test page and get mock tests based on the latest exam pattern.
SSC JE Books For Exam Preparation
Here are some of the best SSC JE preparation books for your ready reference:
|Section||SSC JE Books||Author/Publication|
|SSC JE Books for General Intelligence (Reasoning)||
|SSC JE Books for General Awareness||
|SSC JE Books for Part A – Civil & Structural Engineering||
|SSC JE Books for Part B – Electrical Engineering||
|SSC JE Books for Part C – Mechanical Engineering||
Candidates can download the SSC JE Book list PDF given below for future reference.
Aspirants preparing for any SSC exams can attempt the Free Online Quiz by BYJU’S based on the latest SSC exam pattern. This will help candidates assess their performance and prepare accordingly for the exam.
To know more about the exam pattern of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Exam Pattern page.
For more details on other SSC Exams, refer to the table below:
|SSC Exam Date||SSC Exam Pattern|
|SSC Results||SSC Online|
|SSC Notification||SSC Admit Card|
|SSC Recruitment||SSC Eligibility|
|SSC Salary||SSC Cut Off|
Are you gearing up for the SSC JE exam? Refer to BYJU’S SSC JE study materials which are well-structured and comprehensive in nature that will help you to ace the SSC Junior Engineer exam with sheer confidence.
Aspirants of other government exams can go through the given links for assistance in preparation.
|Bank Exam Preparation||RRB Exam Preparation||UPSC CAPF Preparation|
Kickstart your exam preparation with our detailed study materials and embark on a journey towards a fulfilling government career.