SSC CPO preparation requires a high level of strategy to crack the CPO exam at the first attempt. But, first of all, aspirants need to have a detailed understanding of the syllabus and examination pattern.
Further details on the SSC CPO can be checked in the given link.
This article will give in detailed SSC CPO Preparation tips for the exam including important SSC CPO study material and the list of best SSC CPO books.
Similar details on other examinations conducted by SSC can be checked on the SSC Exams page.
Strategies for SSC CPO Preparation
Candidates who aspire to appear for Central Police Exam in SSC can check the SSC CGL Preparation strategy given below:
- Check the detailed SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
- Have a clear idea of all the topics covered in the SSC CPO exam, check SSC CPO Notification for the same.
- Refer important and selective SSC CPO study material and not try to refer to all the study material you come across.
- Devise a Study schedule to be followed religiously.
- Go through SSC CPO exam analysis to analyse and understand the difficulty and scope of the examination.
- Go through the detailed SSC CPO Syllabus
- Upkeep with the latest SSC CPO Exam Pattern.
For details on SSC Eligibility of other exams visit the given link.
For candidates convenience the CPO examination pattern is given below:
The examination of CPO is conducted in 4 stages i.e.
- CPO Paper 1 – Objective MCQ paper
- Physical Efficiency Test
- CPO Paper 2 – Descriptive English Paper
- Medical Test
The sections covered, maximum marks and duration for paper I and Paper II is as mentioned below:
For SSC CPO Preparation candidates have to study the following subjects in Paper I
|SSC CPO Sections/Subjects||Marks||Duration|
||50 Each||02 hours Total|
For Paper II of CPO exam candidates are required to study the following:
|CPO Paper II Subject||Marks||Duration|
The detailed pattern for PET/PST test and the Medical examination can be checked on the SSC CPO Exam Pattern page linked here.
To know the latest pattern and syllabus of other examinations held by the Selection Commission visit the SSC Exam pattern page.
Aspirants willing to appear for the next recruitment can check the links given below for important details about the examination:
Section-Wise SSC CPO Preparation Tips
The relevant topics covered in different sections of CPO along with important SSC CPO Study materials are discussed below.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips – English Language & Comprehension
Candidates English language knowledge and skills, Comprehension and writing abilities are tested in this section. For preparation, it is important to digest a lot of content by reading important English newspapers, watching English news channels on a regular basis, and reading novels to learn new words. All of these will help improve grammar and build vocabulary. Candidates to improve their vocabulary can check the formation of words on the English Root Words page. The important topics that are covered in this section are sentence corrections, direct or indirect speech, Fill in blanks on (Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions, etc), spotting the errors, Synonym & Antonyms and so on.
Given below are a few relevant topics of English language that are sure to be asked in the examination:
- List Of Synonyms and Antonyms
- List of One Word Substitutions
- List of Homophones, Homonyms & Homographs
- Idioms And Phrases
- List of Prefix & Suffix with Examples
Candidates will be able to find more such topics on the General English For Competitive Exams page.
Similarly, there are pages that give important Questions and Answers which are previously asked in various examinations such as-
Candidates can visit the Verbal Ability page to get important questions and answers on other English topics.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips – General Awareness
This section tests candidates’ knowledge of the latest happenings in and around the world. The questions asked in this section covers two branches, one is current affairs and the other one is Static GK. The General Awareness section of the CPO exam includes all important topics related to History, Civics, Culture, Geography, Science, Technology, Economic Scene, International and National Affairs, General Policy & Research and discoveries etc.
For the preparation of current affairs candidates can check the following links
For the static GK parts candidates can check the following links for assistance:
- Governors in India
- Members of Parliament
- Members of Lok Sabha
- List of Arjuna Award Winners
- FIFA World Cup Winners List
- Fathers Of Various Fields
The Static GK page comprises more such topics on general awareness candidates can go through the given link.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips – General Intelligence & Reasoning
The reasoning section throws questions based on both verbal and non-verbal types. Candidates need to have a stronghold of conceptual knowledge. Hence it is important to work on problem-solving and cognitive skills. Questions asked are based on the topics such as reasoning analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, judgment and decision making, visual memory, discrimination, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
Analyse the type of questions by taking mock tests and practicing previous years papers so that different strategies can be built to tackle different types of questions. Also, to solve reasoning questions it is imperative to learn various shortcut tricks.
Candidates can go through 3 sutras to prepare for reasoning ability before starting with the SSC CPO Reasoning preparation.
Check out a few relevant reasoning topics given below for a clear understanding of the concepts and the sample questions.
|Statement and Conclusions||Coding/Decoding||Order & Ranking|
|Seating Arrangements||Reasoning Analogies||Data Sufficiency|
Visit the Logical Reasoning page to get the rules, concepts and practice questions on more reasoning topics.
SSC CPO Preparation Tips – Quantitative Aptitude
The mathematics or quantitative aptitude section tests the calculation skills and number sense of the candidates. Start with difficult topics first then move on to the easy ones. The important topics in this section are whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities, geometrical problems, etc. To ace this section candidates need to work on their speed and accuracy which is possible only by practicing previous year papers and Mock tests regularly. The first focus should be to clear the basics knowledge and then gradually move to the shortcut methods.
The List of important topics covered in the Quantitative Aptitude syllabus can be found in the linked page. Candidates can check the link to find topics such as these:
- Simplification and Approximation
- Questions on Number Series
- Alligations and mixtures
- Problem on Time and Work
- Problems on Age
Candidates can also check the following links that can make their SSC CPO preparation for Quantitative aptitude a smooth ride.
|For complete SSC CPO Preparation it is important to practice and revise, Check the following links for assistance-|
General Tips for SSC CPO Preparation
Aspirants of the Central Police Organization exam must follow the important tips given below to prepare effectively for the examination:
- Have a well-planned study schedule that can be followed regularly and keep it such that each section can be given proper time for preparation.
- Try to understand a concept in detail. Start with basics and then move to complex questions.
- Solving previous years’ exam papers and making a flow chart of the concepts.
- Analyse your mistakes and weak areas and work on them accordingly.
- Getting online and offline help whenever required. Try to resolve any subject, concept related doubts long before the exams.
- Practice Mock tests to work on speed and learn time management. Work and improve on question-solving strategies.
- Keep maintaining Notes while preparing and whenever possible give it frequent revision.
- Avoiding referring to any random study material on the subject. Have the collection of important SSC CPO preparation books and study materials.
SSC CPO Books
Candidates should keep the following books handy for SSC CPO Preparation:
|SSC CPO Preparation Books|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning:
Candidates can easily fetch good marks in CPO if their SSC CPO Preparation is done diligently by referring proper study materials, following proper schedule and with regular practice and revisions.
Candidates willing to prepare for any other exam conducted by the selection board can check the given links for assistance:
- How to start SSC exams preparation?
- Mistakes to avoid in SSC exams
- How to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching
For detailed information on other SSC examinations check the links below:
For more details on other SSC Exams, refer to the table below:
|SSC Exam Date||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Results||SSC Online|
|SSC Notification||SSC Admit Card|
|SSC Salary||SSC Cut Off|