SSC CPO Salary – The basic salary for SSC CPO is Rs. 35,400 and the gross salary is Rs.47,496. The SSC CPO salary structure along with various government positions has been upgraded after the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission. The pre-revised grade pay was Rs. 4200 in the pay band of Rs.9300-34800.
The SSC Central Police Organization recruitment is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Candidates can check the details of SSC CPO exam in the given link.
|Don’t you desire to have the basic pay same as the SSC CPO Salary? Then, put your best foot forward in SSC CPO! Compliment your preparation with-|
Lakhs of candidates apply for the post of SSC CPO every year due to the attractive pay scale and allowances. The SSC CPO salary has also seen a major hike after the implementation of the 7th pay commission.
This article will read about the SSC CPO salary structure, the basic or in-hand salary offered to SSC CPO officer, SSC CPO Job Profile and career growth of a candidate who wishes to write the Central Police Organisation exam.
Through the SSC Central Police Organization exam, there are various departments under which Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspectors are recruited, the same are mentioned below –
- Sub-inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force – BSF
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force – CISF
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force – CRPF
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force – ITBP
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal – SSB
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force – CISF
Candidates can get more information regarding the SSC exams at the linked article.
Candidates who aspire for government jobs can get details of the upcoming government exams in the link given below for details regarding the exam pattern, vacancies, recruitment, notification, etc.
SSC CPO Salary Structure
The grade pay for SSC CPO Salary is as given below:
|SSC CPO Salary|
|SSC CPO Post||Grade Pay||Salary|
|Sub Inspector in CAPF||4200||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police||4200||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF||2800||Rs. 29200-92300/-|
The table below gives details about the SSC CPO salary for Sub Inspector based on the location of the job:
|SSC CPO Salary – Sub Inspector|
|Basic salary/ Allowances||City X (urban cities)||City Y (cities with a population more than 5 lakhs)||City Z (rural areas)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 35,400||Rs. 35,400||Rs. 35,400|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 47496||Rs. 42864||Rs. 40032|
|SSC CPO salary (in-hand)||Rs. 41321||Rs. 36600||Rs. 33767|
The image below gives details of the SSC CPO salary 2021, released by Staff Selection Commission:
SSC CPO Salary Allowances
A number of allowances are added to make up the SSC CPO basic salary. The SSC CPO salary allowances are different in amount for different posts as it is based upon the city of posting of the candidate.
The allowances included in the SSC CPO Salary are:
- Home Rental Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Travel Allowance (TA)
- Dearness on Travel Allowance
Candidates can check SSC Salary for information on the salary structure of other exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CPO Job Profile
The SSC CPO salary is worth the responsibilities that a Sub Inspector or Assistant Sub Inspector has to fulfil for the organization. The basic roles and responsibilities of SSC CPO Sub-Inspector include:
- Protecting the different borders of the country
- Maintaining a sense of security for people living in border areas
- Anti infiltration duties
- Providing security to sensitive installations and any threatened VIP
- Preventing criminal activities
- Managing the general election in the country
The above-mentioned responsibilities are to be fulfilled by any candidate who qualifies the SSC CPO exam. However, The job profile and responsibilities differ according to the departments. The primary responsibilities under each department are as follows-
SSC CPO Job Profile – Delhi Police
- Maintain Law and order in Delhi.
- Arrest with or without a warrant,
- Searching a person, his/her vehicle or his/her premises.
- A Sub-Inspector can give you notice to produce documents required during the investigation which you have to comply.
- Register an FIR against a person.
- All cases of the Indian penal codes, special laws passed by parliament and local laws of states are investigated by Sub-Inspectors and Inspectors.
- For maintaining law and order, a Sub-Inspector can order unruly mob to disperse and can also use force for ensuring the same.
SSC CPO Job Profile – Border Security Force (BSF)
- To protect the Indo-Pakistan and Indo-Bangladesh Border.
- To promotes the sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
SSC CPO Job Profile – Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Provide security to the industrial units and government infrastructure of the country
- Includes Industrial sector like thermal power plants, mines, steel plants, PSUs etc
- CRPF is liable for the control of Naxalites and Riots.
SSC CPO Job Profile – Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- To protect the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- Vigil on the northern borders, detection and prevention of border violations, and promotion of the sense of security among the local populace.
- To check illegal immigration and trans-border smuggling.
- To provide security to sensitive installations and threatened VIPs.
- To restore and preserve order in any area in the event of a disturbance.
- To maintain peace in the assigned areas.
SSC CPO Job Profile – Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Prevent cross border crimes such as smuggling etc
- The investigation related to anti-national activities across the border
- Maintain security & brotherhood among people across the border
SSC CPO Job Profile – Central Industrial Security Force
- To provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
- To protect the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
- The CISF is in charge of airport security at all commercial airports in India.
- Security on the Delhi Metro is handled by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- Besides providing protection, safety, and security to Industrial undertaking/installations, CISF also offers protection against fire hazards.
- Special Security Group (SSG) provides security cover to persons nominated by the Home Ministry
Candidates can know more about the SSC CPO exam by visiting the linked article for details such as eligibility, exam date, vacancies, recruitment procedure, etc.
|SSC CPO Eligibility||SSC Mock Test||SSC CPO Admit Card|
|SSC Notification||SSC Preparation||SSC CPO Exam Date|
SSC CPO Career Growth
For employees working for the Central Police Force, regular examinations are conducted for internal examinations. Though the job is a field job and may not be preferred by many but the SSC CPO salary provided adds as an advantage to the candidates willing to join the Police Force.
The promotion to higher posts mostly depends on the internal promotional exams conducted or the performance of the employee during the working period. The career growth for SSC CPO is as given below:
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Additional Commissioner of Police
- Joint Commissioner of Police
- Commissioner of Police
SSC CPO Promotions & Benefits
The salary and perks offered for various SSC CPO posts is very attractive and gives a good career growth. Candidates get a hike on SSC CPO salary based on the 7th pay commission and various government norms.
The SSC CPO promotion for various SSC CPO Posts are done in the following manner:
- An ASI -Assistant Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and CAPFs have to complete 7-8 years of service for their first promotion.
- An SI-Sub-Inspector is required to complete 15 years to 18 years in order to become an Inspector and at least 12 year-15 years to attain the post of an ACP.
- A Sub-Inspector in CAPF need to clear the written examination in order to get promoted.
Aspirants can have a great career once they join the Central Police Organization. Also, the SSC CPO salary provided adds as an added advantage to the candidates looking for a job in the police force.
Aspirants applying for various government exams can check the linked article for post-wise salary structure for examination.
|Bank Employees Salary||RBI Grade B Salary||RRB NTPC Salary|
|RRB JE Salary||Bank PO Salary||IAS Salary|
Candidates can also go through the important government exams:
|Bank Exams||Insurance Exams|
|RRB Exams||UPSC CAPF Exam|