HC Verma Solutions for Vol 2 Chapter 13 Magnetic Field Due to Current is intended for students who want to learn the topics clearly and know the right answers to the questions and exercises given in the HC Verma book. In this chapter, students will deal with the topic of magnetic flux density and magnetic field strength. Students will also learn about some SI units and solve some problems.
The HC Verma solutions provided here will help students develop a proper approach and equip them with foundational knowledge that will be helpful while tackling questions in the exams. Additionally, students will get deeper insights into complex topics and they will also develop better numerical solving skills. Students who want to excel in their academics and exams like IIT JEE can download and use the solutions.
Key Topics Related To Magnetic Field Due to Current
Some of the key concepts discussed in this chapter include;
- Biot-Savart Law
- Magnetic Field Due to Current in a Straight Wire
- Force Between Parallel Currents
- Field due to Circular Current
- Ampere’s Law
- Magnetic Field at a Point due to Long Straight Current
Important Questions In Chapter 13
1. We are looking at a circular wire carrying an electric current. The flow of the current is clockwise. In which way will the field at the centre move? Come towards you or go away from you?
2. While using electrical appliances, the connecting wires carrying currents in opposite directions are usually twisted together. Explain, the purpose of this setup and how it avoids unwanted magnetic fields?
3. A proton beam travels from north to south and an electron beam moves from south to north. If the electron beam is not affected by the earth’s magnetic field in which direction will the beam be deflected?
(a) upwards (b) away from the proton beam (c) downwards (d) towards the proton beam
4. When a charged particle is moved along a magnetic field line where will the magnetic force on the particle be present at?
(a) perpendicular to its velocity (b) along its velocity (c) opposite to its velocity (d) zero.
5. Which of the following will a moving charge produce?
(a) A magnetic field (b) An electric field (c) Both (d) None of them
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Magnetic Field Due to Current Chapter 13