HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Magnetic Properties of Matter Chapter 15 that are provided here for class 12 students and JEE aspirants will enable them to develop a strong base in tackling complex questions related to the chapter. The solutions will further help them to have a fresh problem-solving approach to exercises as well as gain a better picture of the concepts.
The HC Verma solutions are important resources for students who are planning to stay ahead in the competition. With these solutions, they will be able to significantly boost their preparation level and prepare well for the exams including competitive exams like JEE and NEET. The solutions for HC Verma book have been prepared by subject experts and are in the best interest of the students.
Key Concepts In Magnetic Properties Of Matter
The key concepts covered in this chapter include;
- Magnetization of Materials and Intensity of Magnetization
- Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism and Diamagnetism
- Magnetic Intensity
- Magnetic Susceptibility
- Curie’s Law
- Soft Iron and Steel
Important Question In Chapter 15
1. Is it possible to make permanent magnets from paramagnetic materials?
2. It is often said that diamagnetism is present in all types of materials. Can you explain why some materials are classified as ferromagnetic or paramagnetic?
3. Why are soft iron used to make electromagnets?
(a) because of low retentivity and low coercive force (b) due to low retentivity and high coercive force (c) it has high retentivity and high coercive force (d) it possesses high retentivity and low coercive force
4. What happens to the magnetic susceptibility when a ferromagnetic material goes through a hysteresis loop? State its value.
(a) negative (b) zero (c) it has a fixed value (d) may be infinity
5. For which material is the magnetic susceptibility generally negative?
(a) diamagnetic materials (b) ferromagnetic materials (c) paramagnetic materials (d) both paramagnetic and ferromagnetic materials
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Magnetic Properties of Matter Chapter 15