HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Electromagnetic Induction chapter 16 contains solved examples and detailed answers to questions given in this unit. Students can refer the solutions and develop gain better efficiency in tackling complex and difficult questions that students might come across while learning the different concepts. The chapter includes some important topics likes;
- Faraday’s Law
- Lenz’s Law
- Induced emf
- Eddy Current
- Self Induction
- Growth and Decay of Current
- Energy Stored in an Inductor
- Mutual Induction
- Induction Coil
In addition, students will also learn about a few derivations. In order to make studying easier, the HC Verma Solutions provided here offers the right knowledge that will further help them be proficient with the terminologies and concepts. In essences, students will be able to solve problems effectively and perform well in exams like IIT JEE amongst others.
Important Questions In Chapter 16
1. Do you think that an emf is induced in the metallic loop when it is placed in a nonuniform magnetic field?
2. In one instance we take an inductor and connect it to a battery through a switch. Can you explain why the emf induced in the inductor is much larger when the switch is opened as compared when it is closed?
3. Which is greater, the energy density in a solenoid at its centre or that near its ends?
4. What will happen to the bar magnet after it is released from rest along the axis of a very long, vertical copper tube?
(a) It will gain acceleration g (b) It will oscillate (c) It will come to a stop in the tube (d) It will move with constant speed
5. A circuit LR is connected with a battery at t = 0. Name the quantities which will not be zero after the connection is made?
(a) the power delivered by the battery (b) emf induced in the inductor (c) the current in the circuit (d) magnetic field energy in the inductor