HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Chapter 18 Electromagnetic Waves are available here to help students find the right answers to questions related to Coulomb’s law, magnetic field, electric field and the velocity of the particle, etc. With detailed analysis, we have provided a thorough solution with a contemporary approach to help students further understand all the problems given in this chapter. They will be able to understand the topics given in electromagnetic waves in a better way.
As for the problems students will have to deal with questions like:
- Finding the intensity of the wave when the electric fields and magnetic fields are given.
- Finding the average energy density when the magnetic field is given.
- Finding the dimensional formula of quantities like the magnetic field at zero position and we have questions related to finding the free current at the zero position.
The HC Verma solutions that we are offering have been prepared by experts and will seemingly provide students with the right skillset to solve even the most complex problems. The solution also contains exercises which are arranged in a systematic manner in order to give you an amazing learning experience while studying the chapter.
Fundamental Topics Related To Electromagnetic Waves
Some of the important topics discussed in this chapter are;
- Maxwell’s Displacement Current
- Continuity of Electric Current
- Maxwell’s Equations and Plane Electromagnetic Waves
- Energy density and Intensity
- Electromagnetic Spectrum and Radiation in the Atmosphere
Important Questions In Chapter 18
1. State whether an electromagnetic wave can be deflected by an electric field or a magnetic field?
2. If we take a metal rod and place it along the axis of a solenoid with high-frequency alternating current the metal rod starts heating up. Explain why this happens.
3. What produces electromagnetic waves?
(a) an accelerating charge (b) a charge that is static (c) moving charge (d) chargeless particles
4. When a free electron is placed in the path of a plane electromagnetic wave in which direction will the electron move?
(a) in the direction of propagation of the wave (b) in a plane containing the magnetic field and the direction of propagation (c) along the magnetic field (d) across the electric field
5. For which quantity will the speed of electromagnetic waves be the same?
(a) for all frequencies (b) for all intensities (c) for all wavelengths (d) in all media
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Electromagnetic Waves Chapter 18