HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Chapter 19 Electric Current Through Gases have been provided here mainly to help students boost their scoring potential and at the same be proficient in solving problems given in the chapter. The solutions consist of detailed and well-written answers that will enable students to learn as well as understand topics more clearly. Students can, therefore, prepare in a much effective manner especially for exams like JEE. Meanwhile, students will get to learn topics of electric current in problems such as:
- Finding the distance travelled by the particle if its energy, force, and acceleration, velocity are given and vice versa.
- Finding the pressure of a tube and questions related to cathode acting as a black body.
- Questions on amplification factor, load resistance, mutual conductance and much more.
The HC Verma Solutions covers all the exercises given in this chapter. If students are stuck or they are unable to get the right result, then they can make use of the solutions to learn the right method as well as find the accurate answer. This will also help them to study more productively and perform well in the exams.
Maor Topics Related To Electric Current Through Gases
In this chapter, students will come across topics such as;
- Discharge through Gasses at Low Pressure
- Cathode Rays
- Canal Rays or Positive Rays
- Discovery and Properties of Electron
- Thermionic Emission
- Diode Valve
- Triode Valve
Important Questions In Chapter 19
1. Suppose we connect an AC source to a diode and a resistor in series. What nature of current will flow through the resistor? Will it be AC or DC?
2. When we heat an isolated metal sphere at high temperature will it become positively charged due to thermionic emission? State your observations.
3. Thermionic emission does not take place in nonconductors. Explain.
4. When will the plate current in a triode valve be maximum? When the potential of the grid is;
(a) nonpositive (b) negative (c) zero (d) positive
5. Can you state which is true for cathode ray?
(a) Travels along straight lines (b) X-ray is emitted when it strikes a metal surface (c) Is a type of electromagnetic wave (d) No effect of the magnetic field
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Electric Current Through Gases Chapter 19