HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Chapter 6 Heat Transfer is a valuable study tool that will enable students to learn comprehensively about all the concepts of heat transfer and related terms like radiation, conduction, and convection. The chapter also includes topics like thermal conduction, Prevost theory of exchange, blackbody radiation, etc. Students will find questions and exercises based on these topics.
HC Verma Solutions will thus suffice the need of students to know the right answers and understand the topic in depth. They will also develop an efficient problem-solving skill that is required to tackle complex physics questions given in chapter 6. All in all, students can use the solutions to take their preparation to a higher level especially for exams like JEE.
Key Topics Related To Heat Transfer
- Kirchhoff’s Law
- Newton’s Law of cooling
- Nature of Thermal Radiation
- Stefan Boltzmann Law
- Detection and Measurement of Radiation
- Series and Parallel Connection of Rods
Important Questions In Chapter 6
1. On a hot sunny day is it possible to cool a room by closing all the windows, doors and opening the refrigerator? Is the process practical?
2. The temperature in the atmosphere is around 600°C but any living being would instead freeze to death and not boil. Give valid reasons as to why this occurs?
3. Let’s take two objects O and P having equal surface areas and keep their temperatures at 10°C and 20°C respectively. Can you state what will the ratio of thermal radiation emitted in a given time by O and P be?
(a) 1 : 2 fa) 1 : 4 (c) 1 : 1.15 (d) 1 : 16
4. What special case according to you is Newton’s law of cooling?
(a) Stefan’s law (b) Planck’s law (c) Kirchoff’s law (d) Wien’s displacement law
5. What will happen to a blackbody when it comes in contact with radiation?
(a) reflect radiation fa) emit radiation (c) absorb radiation (d) refract radiation
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Heat Transfer Chapter 6