HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Chapter 7 Electric Field and Potential is a very useful study tool if students are preparing for exams especially competitive ones like JEE, NEET amongst others. The solution helps students to not only increase their understanding of concepts but it will also help them learn the right way of solving problems. The solution provided here further contain all the answers to the exercises given in chapter 7 of the HC Verma book vol 2.
Students can make use of the HC Verma solutions and study productively for the exams. They can also use the solutions to complete assignments or simply practice questions to enhance their preparation level. The solutions that we have provided here have been drafted by physics experts and students can refer them without having any doubt.
Electric Field And Potential Key Topics
Some of the important topics covered are;
- Definition of an Electric Charge
- Coulomb’s Law
- Electric Field
- Lines of Electric Force
- Electric Potential Energy
- Electric Potential
- Electric Dipole
- Conductors, Insulators, Semiconductors
Important Questions In Chapter 7
1. If we take a point charge from point A to point B in an electric field does the work done depend on the path of the charge? What happens when a charge is placed at rest in an electric field?
2. Both insulators and conductors have electrons in the same order. Write down the basic difference between a conductor and an insulator?
3. If we increase the separation between the two charges what will happen to the electric potential energy of the charges?
(a) remains the same (b) decreases (c) increases (d) may increase or decrease.
4. When an electric dipole is placed in a uniform electric field what happens to the net electric force on the dipole?
(a) it is zero (b) can never be zero (c) depends on the orientation of the dipole (d) depends on the strength of the dipole.
5. Can you pick out the quantities from the following that do not depend on the choice of zero potential or zero potential energy?
(a) the potential energy of a two-charge system
(b) change in potential energy of a two-charge system
(c) the potential difference between two points
(d) the potential at a point
HC Verma Solutions Vol 2 Electric Field and Potential Chapter 7