The IITs, NITs, IIITs are some of the most coveted and elite institutions for students seeking admissions into engineering courses. A number of aspiring students, who hope to be a part of these renowned colleges, take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). JEE is held in two stages, the JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The number of attempts allowed to any aspirant appearing for JEE Main is three in three consecutive years and for a candidate appearing for JEE Advanced the number of attempts is limited to two in two consecutive years. JEE Main 2017 will be conducted on 2nd April 2017 by the JEE Apex Board. Some of the study techniques, one can employ while preparing for JEE 2017, in order to study in an efficient manner are given below.
- You have already been there once and a few things didn’t turn out the way you expected. You know the syllabus, utilize your last year’s experience well. It is generally considered that students find it easy to score well in chemistry while they find it difficult to solve math problems in JEE making math a rank determining the subject. Physics is somewhere between chemistry and math in terms of ease of learning.
- Prepare well for math, this is the subject where most students find it difficult to score well. You already know most of the concepts, practice problems on them. Continuously go back to your textbooks for revision.
- Chemistry is one subject that has a blend of every kind of topic, easy, analytical, difficult, conceptual you name it. It needs continuous attention throughout your preparation phase, especially inorganic chemistry that comprises of information based topics which need to be kept in mind. Organic chemistry is synonymous to mathematics, it needs practice. Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd is a good book to practice problems. JEE generally teases students with redox reactions and the various named reactions in organic chemistry that are given in NCERT textbooks.
- Take care of your mathematics and physics will easily follow. They say mathematics is the language of physics, and rightly so a strong foundation in calculus will be of great help. Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma is a good textbook that presents the concepts in very simple terms and will come in handy during your preparation.
These were some tips based on the inputs given by past successful candidates and may vary from student to student but in a nutshell, study smartly.
Useful Preparation Tips To Help You Crack JEE Main
- Time Management: The candidates appearing for the exam for the second time definitely have a rough idea about the stones that were left unturned. Thus, distributing your time among various topics is a key here. You should stick to a schedule that helps you study in the most efficient manner. The schedule should not only include the study hours but it should also have time allocation for topics based on your strengths and weaknesses, problem practice hours and rest.
- Positive Attitude: Though the first attempt may not have been very fruitful, the right strategy for JEE preparation can still help the student secure a good rank in the JEE Main. This phase of the preparation pushes students to the extremes, not to forget the pressure from the society and that Sharma Uncle’s superman kind of son. It is important to stay focused and motivated and channelize all the pressure towards your preparation because once you cross that line and get admission you’ll realize that the pain was too small a price for it. So keep calm and study hard!
- Reliable Source: By now the students are aware of the sources that are good and the ones that are misleading. The candidates must know that quality is more important than quantity and hence having many books may not be very helpful while having the right books will play an extremely important role in your preparation. Taking mock tests is also an important part of the preparation for JEE, it helps you analyze whether you are improving or not and the way you are studying is fruitful or not. Mock tests help you to modulate your strategy and prepare you for the real time exam pressure. One must start giving mock tests from a reliable test series at a very early stage.
- Proper Schedule: Juggling with the subjects may lead to wastage of precious time, therefore, it is recommended that the students should prepare a proper schedule at the beginning of the preparation. A proper schedule should be prepared first, dividing an equal amount of time for each subject. Also, it is advisable to give a certain amount of time for revising these topics after a fixed duration. Making a rigid schedule will not be a good idea as sticking to it will be stressful. Make a schedule that suits you and your system so that you can follow it strictly.
- Stay Healthy: The preparation time spans for over one year and a lot of topics are required to be brushed up during this time, because of which students find it difficult to dedicate time to recreational activities and sleep. But during this crucial time, it is very important to maintain a healthy diet and have ample amount of sleep to maintain a sound state of mind and body. Remember that staying fit on the day of the exam is also a part of your preparation for it.
The candidates must realize the severity of their situation and must not lose the vision of their goal. We at Byju’s have been pioneers in conditioning students for exams like these. Our mentorship program has been designed in a way that would help students utilize the resources in the most efficient ways. Students can book mentor sessions to clear their doubts online via audio-visual modes. The adaptive learning and interactive videos have disrupted the conventional methods of learning. Download BYJU’S – The Learning App and take your preparation for JEE Main 2017 to the next level.