In India, Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted for admissions into various engineering colleges and courses. Lacs of students from all over the country try their level best in order to secure a seat in prestigious engineering colleges. In this article we will notify you with the important dates and seat allotment once a candidate has successfully cleared JEE Main 2017.
Commencement of JEE Main 2017
- JEE Main application form will be available from 1st December 2016 to 2nd January 2017.
- The offline JEE Main 2017 will be conducted on April 02, 2017 whereas the online or computer based test will commence on 8th and 9th April, 2017.
- The JEE Main 2017 answer key and OMR response sheet will be made available from 18th April 2017 to 22ndApril 2017.
- The results for JEE Main 2017 will be declared on 27th April, 2017.
Seat Allotment in NIT & other colleges through JoSAA
Once a candidate clears JEE Main, he/she is eligible for counseling through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) which will be conducted in the month of July 2017. Joint Seat Allocation Association or JoSAA is a mutual agreement form to make the admission procedure direct and simple. The procedure of seat allocation will commence from July 2017, through a common web portal.
In the first week of July 2017, the first round of JoSAA seat allotment will take place only for the qualifiers of JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017. The candidates will have full freedom to choose and apply for the programs as per their choice and desire but the seats are allocated only after considering few important factors. Some important factors kept effecting seat allotments are underlined below:
- The category in which the candidate falls i.e. whether he falls in General, SC, ST, OBC, NCL, etc category.
- The position secured by the candidate in the rank list.
- The JoSAA availability of seats in different seat categories.
- The programs chosen by the candidate according to the priority.
The candidates who have cleared both JEE Main and JEE Advanced will be eligible to take admissions in IITs, NITs, IIITs and other participating institutes while those who could only qualify JEE Main and did not get their names in JEE Advanced merit list will be eligible for admissions to participating institutes other than IIT/ISM Dhanbad. JEE Main is the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced.
More information on JEE Main 2017 notification and latest other updates like JEE main 2017 Result