The Karnataka Examination Authority is responsible for declaring the KCET results every year after the exams are completed. The results are normally announced in the first week of June. The results of the exam are published on the official website and candidates can visit the website to check the marks they have obtained. The can easily download the results as well.
The results of KCET are provided according to different papers where paper 1 contains scores for Biology and Mathematics while paper 2 contains physics and chemistry. They are given separately. Details about the total score of the candidates, subject wise marks and the rank obtained are present on the marks card.
Steps To Check KCET Results
- Visit the official website- kea.kar.nic.in
- Click the link for exam results.
- Fill the required details like registration number.
- Once the correct credentials are entered the result is displayed. Candidates can then download or take a print out of the result for future references.
Calculation of Marks and Rank
The result is determined mainly considering the KCET exam pattern. The exam consists of a total of 180 questions wherein 60 marks are allotted for each subject (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). 1 mark is awarded for every correct response and there is no negative marking scheme. The marks secured by candidates in all the subjects are taken together and the total score is set.
Notably, the ranks are given on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the KCET exams as well in the qualifying exams. A ratio of 50:50 is taken.
Highlights of KCET Result
- The results are declared only via online mode.
- Candidates can challenge the result obtained if they have doubts or if there are any discrepancies. However, there is a limited time allotted for such process. It is usually 3 days after the results are declared.
- Candidates can raise queries about the qualifying marks, missing ranks and if the version code of the KCET Question paper is wrong.
- The result of such candidates will be announced at a later date.
The Process After KCET Results
After the declaration of the marks card, candidates are usually called for KCET counselling sessions. Within this period candidates’ document verification is done. Candidates can then choose their desired courses and colleges. The seats will be allotted according to ranks secured by the candidates along with particular year cut offs, admissions criteria of the colleges.
The KCET 2019 exam is scheduled for 29th, 30th April and 1st May. The 2019 KCET results should tentatively be declared in the last week of May or first week of June.
Frequently Asked Questions On KCET Results
Will the hardcopy of the scorecard be provided?
The marks card is available online only. However, candidates can view and download the result.
Which institutes will accept KCET scores?
The institutes that participate during the counselling sessions accept KCET scores for admission. Some state-funded and private institutes of Karnataka also accept such scores.
Is there an option for re-evaluation?
Yes, if there are any discrepancies in the result or if candidates have a valid doubt then they can go for re-evaluation.
To stay updated with the latest notifications and learn more about KCET keep visiting BYJU’S.