Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is one of the well-known institutes in the country providing courses in engineering matching international standards. The institute was established in the year 1984 and is constantly seeking and adopting innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education for its students. The institution is ranked among the top IITs in the country and attracts many students from all over the country. Here we will look at some of the important aspects of VIT, VITEEE exam and other important details.
The entrance test for VIT is conducted by this university usually in the month of April every year in an online mode. The application form for the exam is made available a month before the main exam usually in the month of March. The application forms are also issued by the institute in an online mode and a correction window is also given for application forms for candidates who have filled incorrect details. Only candidates who register can book a slot for an exam in online mode. The entrance exam is held in around 120 cities to fill 5000 seats in Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Amaravati campuses. The admission criteria are mainly based on the exam score. Also, the eligibility criteria have to be fulfilled by the candidates if they wish to appear for the same.
The mode of application is both online and offline. After the release of the application form by Vellore Institute of Technology candidates will be able to select their mode of application where all the required details have to be filled accordingly and carefully. It is important for the candidates to submit the filled application form before the final date. Candidates will also have to pay the required application fee. However, before filling the application form, candidates should be aware of the eligibility criteria and be clear with it.
Steps to Fill Online VITEEE 2019 Application Form
- Registration – Candidates have to first register and fill in details like their name, gender, date of birth, nationality contact details. The login password will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
- Filling of Application Form – Next, information about the candidate’s personal, education, qualifying exam and contact details has to be provided. After the details are submitted, the application number will be generated.
- Payment of Application Fee – The candidates will have to pay the required application fee through net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature – The scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature has to be uploaded according to the specifications mentioned by the authorities. After the uploading is done, the candidates will have to submit their application form.
There are different modes of payment for applicants such as net banking, credit card, debit card, and demand draft.
|General, ST, SC, OBC||PWD||Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1200|
|General, ST, SC, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female||₹ 1150|
|General, ST, SC, OBC||Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1200|
|General, ST, SC, OBC||Online||Male, Female||₹ 1150|
VITEEE Slot/Hall Ticket Booking
How to book a slot for VITEEE?
- First, visit the Online Test Booking System (OTBS).
- Input the application number and password of seven-digits.
- Click the tab titled “Book a seat”.
- The candidate has to ensure that all the details have been entered carefully.
- Enter the details like test Centre name, test date and so on while filling the application.
- Once the important details are entered, candidates can click the submit button.
- The slot will then be successfully booked.
For this year the slot booking schedule will be released on or one day before 28th March. The password will be sent through SMS to all the successful applicants.
VITEEE: Important Dates
|VITEEE Application Form Availability||November 1, 2018|
|Last Date For Online Application||March 21, 2019|
|Slot Booking||March 18 to 22, 2019|
|Download Admit card||March 18 to 22, 2019|
|Exam to be held on||April 10 to 21, 2019|
|Exam Result||April 27, 2019|
|Counselling Phase 1||2nd and 3rd week of May 2019|
The eligibility criteria for students who wish to apply for the exam are discussed below
- In order to apply for the VITEEE, candidates must have been born on or after the 1st of July 1996.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 60% in Chemistry, Physics, Math and Biology in their PU (+2/Intermediate)
- Candidates of the SC/ST & North Eastern State need at least 50% aggregate in each subject in their PU (+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates with a formal, full-time education in a regular college are alone eligible for the examination.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are also eligible to appear for the VITEEE.
The citizens with an NRI status are eligible to apply for the exam along with OCI and PIO status. The Foreign category is the only way through which foreign candidates studied abroad could apply.
- Students who had appeared for their higher secondary exam through the state, CBSE and ICSE boards can apply for the exam.
- Candidates who had done their schooling through the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are eligible to apply.
- Minimum aggregate of 60 per cent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology (PCMB) in XIIth are necessary (50 per cent for students from SC/ST category and Northeastern students).
- Only students with formal education completed in Full time in a regular manner are eligible to apply.