VIT is one of the well-known institutes in the country providing courses in engineering matching international standards. The institute was established in the year 1984.
VITEEE 2017 Exam
The entrance test for VIT (VITEEE) would be conducted by this university from 5th to 16th April 2017, in online mode. The form of application for the exam was available until March 15. The institute has extended the last date of filling the application form so that more candidates would be able to fill them. The institute has additionally activated portal showing the status of the form. Tentatively, the correction window for application forms for candidates who had filled incorrect details would be provided from the 3rd week of March 2017. Candidates who had registered only could book the slot for an exam in online mode from 19th to 22nd of March 2017. The entrance exam would be held in around 120 cities to fill 5000 seats in Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Amaravati campuses. The admission criteria would be mainly based on the exam score. Also, the eligibility criteria also have to be fulfilled by the candidates if they wish to appear for the same.
|VITEEE Cut off|
VITEEE 2017 – Slot / Hall Ticket Booking
How to book VITEEE 2017 slot?
- First, visit the Online Test Booking System (OTBS) with the link provided.
- Input the application number and password of seven-digits.
- Click the tab titled “Book a seat”
- The candidate has to ensure that all the details have been entered carefully
- Enter the details like test Centre name, test date and so on while filling the application
- Once the important details are entered, candidates should click the submit button
VITEEE 2017: Important Dates
|VITEEE NRI/Foreign students Application Form||September 30, 2016|
|Issue of VITEEE Application Form||November 9, 2016|
|Final date of issue/receipt of NRI Application Form||April 30, 2017|
|Final date for issue/receipt of Foreign Application Form||June 10, 2017|
|Final date for issue/receipt of Application Form||March 15, 2017|
|Slot Booking for CBT||March 19 to 22, 2017|
|Download Admit card||March 19 to22,2017|
|Exam to be held on (VITEEE 2017)||April 5 to April 16, 2017|
|Exam result||on or before April 24, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Counselling Phase 1||2nd week of May 2017|
The eligibility criteria for students who wish to apply for the exam are discussed below
- In order to apply for the VITEEE-2017, candidates must have been born on or after the 1st of July 1995.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 60% in Chemistry, Physics, Math and Biology in their PU (+2/Intermediate)
- Candidates of the SC/ST & North Eastern State need at least 50% aggregate in each subject in their PU (+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates with a formal, full-time education in a regular college are alone eligible for the examination.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are also eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017.
The citizens with an NRI status are eligible to apply for the exam along with OCI and PIO status. The Foreign category is the only way through which foreign candidates studied abroad could apply.
- Students who had appeared for their higher secondary exam through state, CBSE and ICSE boards can apply for the exam.
- Candidates who had done their schooling through National institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are eligible to apply.
- A Minimum aggregate of 60 per cent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology (PCMB) in XIIth is necessary (50 percent for students from SC/ST category and North eastern students).
- Only students with formal education completed in Full time in a regular manner are eligible to apply.