Multiple choice questions (MCQs) are provided here for Class 10 Maths Chapter 15-Probability, along with answers. Also, these questions have been solved with detailed explanations to make it understandable for students. Practising these questions will help 10th standard students to score good marks in board exams. The questions given here, chapter-wise, are as per the latest CBSE syllabus and NCERT guidelines.
Class 10 Maths MCQs for Probability
Solve the below given multiple-choice questions and verify your answers with the given answers here. Chapter probability has a huge scope in the future for higher studies. If the basics of this chapter have been understood by students, then they can easily solve the next-level problems, based on this concept. It is recommended that students try to solve these questions first and then check with the answers. This practice will help to gain problem-solving skills and build their confidence level.
Below are the MCQs for chapter 15-Probability.
1. The probability of event equal to zero is called;
Explanation: The probability of event that cannot be happened or which is impossible is equal to zero.
2. The probability that cannot exist among the following:
Explanation: The probability lies between 0 and 1, hence it cannot be negative.
3. If P(E) = 0.07, then what is the probability of ‘not E’?
Explanation: P(E) + P(not E) = 1
Since P(E) = 0.05
So, P(not E) = 1 – P(E)
Or, P(not E) = 1 – 0.07
∴ P(not E) = 0.93
4. A bag has 3 red balls and 5 green balls. If we take a ball from the bag, then what is the probability of getting red balls only?
Explanation: Number of red balls = 3
Number of green balls = 5
Total balls in bag = 3+5 = 8
Probability of getting red balls = number of red balls/total number of balls
5. A bag has 5 white marbles, 8 red marbles and 4 purple marbles. If we take a marble randomly then what is the probability of not getting purple marble?
Explanation: Total number of purple marbles = 4
Total number of marbles in bag=5+8+4=17
Probability of getting purple marbles = 4/17
Hence, the probability of not getting purple marbles = 1-4/17 = 0.77
6. A dice is thrown in the air. The probability of getting odd numbers is
Explanation: A dice has six faces having values 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.
There are three odd numbers and three even numbers.
Therefore, the probability of getting only odd numbers is = 3/6 = ½
7. If we throw two coins in air, then the probability of getting both tails will be:
Explanation: When two coins are tossed, the total outcomes will be = 2 x 2 = 4
Hence, the probability of getting both tails = ¼
8. If two dice are thrown in air, the probability of getting sum as 3 will be
Explanation: When two dice are thrown in air:
Total number of outcome = 6 x 6 = 36
Sum 3 is possible if we get (1,2) or (2,1) in the dices.
Hence, the probability will be = 2/36 = 1/18
9. A card is drawn from the set of 52 cards. Find the probability of getting queen card.
Explanation: Total number of cards = 52
Number of queen cards= 4
The probability of getting queen card = 4/52 = 1/13
10. A fish tank has 5 male fish and 8 female fish. The probability of fish taken out is a male fish:
Explanation: Total fish = 5+8 = 13
Probability of taking out a male fish = 5/13