All those who dream to become a doctor and score best in AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test), for which hardly one month is left; this is the right time to transform your dreams into reality. All you need to do is use of your knowledge, energy and efforts in a planned manner. Byju’s provides best tutorials for AIPMT aspirants on every subject with the help of AIPMT test papers, AIPMT sample papers, learning applications and lots more only under Byju’s.com.
Chemistry as a subject in AIPMT requires equal and constant practice as compared to the other subjects like Physics and Biology. The paper comprises of 45 questions from each category – Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The duration of AIPMT exam is three hours. As for the AIPMT syllabus is concerned, it encompasses topics covered in CBSE Class 11 and CBSE Class 12. Therefore, to crack the section of inorganic chemistry, you need to know some essential and necessary tips.
- Inorganic chemistry is more about facts and a little about concepts. Before picking up a topic, go through AIPMT previous year questions and analyze areas from where maximum questions are asked. Now, prepare a chart involving formulas and important chemical reactions, and keep revising it every day. Keep solving questions from Coordination chemistry and P Block elements, since they are important.
- A considerable portion of inorganic chemistry needs constant learning. At times, inorganic chemistry leads to disinterest in learning the concepts. But, that does not fade the importance for cracking IIT/AIPMT. A teacher needs to bring back the interest in students to reverse this trend. Inorganic equations and extraction of metals belong to the category of s, p, d, and f block elements.
- Reasoning questions in the inorganic chemistry of s, p, d, and f block elements find a lot of application of periodic table, which encompasses considerable part of the explanation in inorganic chemistry while preparing for AIPMT.
|p-Block Elements||Group 15 Elements||Electronic configuration, Phosphorous-allotropic forms, compounds of phosphorous|
|Group 16 Elements||Classification of oxides, compounds of sulphure, oxacids of sulphure|
|Group 17 Elements||Compounds of halogens, uses of chlorine and hydrochloric acid|
|Group 18 Elements||Electronic configuration, trends in physical and chemical properties|
Understanding qualitative analysis is the biggest challenge for a student. It requires an in-depth understanding of chemical equilibrium in addition to the basic and acid reaction.
- Study of d block elements constitutes a significant part of preparation regimen in chemistry exam. Students need to emphasize on the chemical composition of potassium permanganate and potassium dichromate as an oxidizing reagent in acidic, alkaline and neutral medium.
- Unconventional hybridization of complexes formed by d block metals is another area of focus. Warner’s theory and Effective Atomic Number (EAN) in coordination compounds often invite questions in exams. It would be appropriate to study d block elements and coordinate compounds together. Not to forget, he or she must learn its nomenclature thoroughly.
Unlike Physical and organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry requires a lot of patience because it’s not very interesting. But its contribution to the net result is equally important. Moreover, you should prefer NCERT textbooks. Make sure that you are clear on each and every concept mentioned.