Division of cells during the early embryo stages is known as cleavage in embryology. Fertilization is followed by cleavage. The various cells as an outcome of the cleavage are blastomeres, forming a huge ball-like structure; this mass is known as a morula. The end product of the cleavage is blastula. Here are some important MCQs on the topic cleavage biology.
1. This is also known as meroblastic cleavage
(b) Unequal holoblastic
(c) Equal holoblastic
2. The type of cleavage found in insects
3. Discoidal and superficial are which types of cleavage?
(a) Unequal holoblastic
(b) equal holoblastic
(c) both (a) and (b)
4. If the first cleavage furrow divides zygote completely into two, the cleavage type is
5. The only human system that is derived from all the three germ layers is
(a) Nervous system
(b) Digestive system
(c) Respiratory system
(d) Excretory system
6. The fertilized egg divides by the process of
7. If an unfertilized egg is pricked with a microneedle, it will
(a) transform into a tadpole at a faster rate
(b) die immediately
(c) will remain undivided
(d) start dividing
8. A freshly unfertilized egg of hen contains
(a) 10,000 cells
(b) 1,000 cells
(c) 100 cells
(d) one cell
9. How many cleavages are completed in the 16-celled stage of an egg?
10. The spindle in the determinate cleavage is
Explore more MCQs on NEET at BYJU’S.