The science of applying zoological aspects for the welfare of mankind is economic zoology. The practices involved in this are inclusive of culturing animals to mass-produce them for the consumption of humans and also to exterminate those animals that are harmful to mankind either indirectly or directly.
1. Which of the following is not an epidemic species of the earthworm?
2. Assertion: A unique flight taken by the queen, the Nuptial flight is followed by many drones
Reason: Pheromone is a substance secreted by the queen bee. In that area, the drones present are attracted to pheromone which results in mating
(a) Both assertion and reasoning are incorrect but are related
(b) Both assertion and reasoning is correct but are not related
(c) Both assertion and reasoning are incorrect and not related
(d) both assertion and reasoning are correct and related
3. Which of the following caterpillar species affects the coconut?
(a) Prodenia litura
(b) Calandra oryza
(c) Pectinophora gossypiella
(d) Nephantis serenopa
4. __________ is a part of the mouth of a honey bee that is utilized to mould wax and stick to the pollen
5. Which of the following statement is true about the Lac?
(a) Lac is secreted from the hind end of the body
(b) Lac is a crawling scale insect and is microscopic
(c) Lac introduces its proboscis into the plant tissue to suck juices and grow
(d) Lac is a large scale production of lac can be attributed to the male lac insect
6. ________ is also known as Lesser Grain Borer
(a) Rhizopertha dominica
(b) Calandra oryza
(c) Tribolim castaneum
(d) Tragoderma granarium
7. Which of the following statement is true about the Honey?
(a) It is the nectar of flowers processed by a honey bee by mixing with saliva
(b) It is the nectar of flowers diluted by a honey bee by mixing with saliva
(c) It is the nectar of pollen obtained from flowers and stored in the beehive
(d) It is the nectar obtained from flowers and stored in the beehive
8. The commercial and scientific method of beekeeping to produce wax and honey is known as________.
9. Callasobruchus, the beetle leads to the damage to _________.
(a) Adult and standing pulses
(b) Adult and stored pulses
(c) Larval and stored pulses
(d) Larval and standing pulses
10. Larger poison claws of centipede are_________.
You just learnt important questions on Economic zoology for NEET. Learn more MCQs for NEET at BYJU’S.