Chromoplast is a kind of plastid. It lacks chlorophyll and has carotenoids. They impart specific colours to fruits and flowers. They help in pollination and dispersal of seeds.
1. Which of the following plastid is found in ripe fruits?
2. Anthocyanin pigments are
(a) water-insoluble and located in chromoplasts
(b) water-soluble and located in chloroplasts
(c) water-soluble and located in vacuoles
(d) water-insoluble and located in vacuoles
3. Chloroplast does not contain
(d) chlorophyll ‘b’
4. Which of the following pigment impart a red colour to tomato?
5. Which of the following plastid doesn’t store food?
6. Protein storing plastid is
7. Which of the following pigment is present in carrots?
8. Which of the plastid(s) contains carotenoids?
(d) both (b) and (c)
9. In which of the following organelle, peptide synthesis takes place?
10. Colour of tomato changes from green to red due to
(a) chromoplast gets converted to the chloroplast
(b) chromoplast disappears and chloroplast is formed
(c) chloroplast gets converted to chromoplast
(d) chloroplast disappears and chromoplast is formed