Human digestive system comprises an alimentary canal or gastrointestinal tract and associated digestive glands. The food that we eat gets broken down into simpler compounds for absorption. There are various enzymes and hormones secreted by various glands and cells of the digestive system, which facilitate the digestion of food. The undigested food is expelled out of the body through the anus. The main organs of the digestive system include the mouth, pharynx, oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, rectum and anus. There are various types of digestive glands present, e.g. salivary glands, pancreas, liver, etc.
1. The enzymes present in pancreatic juice are
(a) Amylase, Trypsinogen, Peptidase, Rennin
(b) Trypsinogen, Lipase, Amylase, Procarboxypeptidase
(c) Peptidase, Pepsin, Amylase, Rennin
(d) Maltase, Amylase, Trypsinogen, Pepsin
2. Which of the following hormones stimulates the production of pancreatic juice and bicarbonate?
(a) Insulin and glucagon
(b) Cholecystokinin and secretin
(c) Gastrin and insulin
(d) Angiotensin and epinephrine
3. Infants’ gastric juice contains
(a) nuclease, pepsinogen, lipase
(b) maltase, pepsinogen, rennin
(c) amylase, rennin, pepsinogen
(d) pepsinogen, lipase, rennin
4. The absorption of fructose by intestinal mucosa is
(a) co-transport mechanism
(b) simple diffusion
(c) facilitated transport
(d) active transport
5. Carboxypeptidase requires _______ for its activity
6. Na+ and other carrier ions facilitate absorption of
(a) amino acids and fructose
(b) fatty acids and glycerol
(c) fatty acids and glucose
(d) amino acids and glucose
7. Secretin and cholecystokinin are secreted in
(a) pyloric region
8. Which of the following hydrolytic enzymes act in low pH?
9. Which of the following is synthesized and stored in the liver cells?
10. The disease caused due to deficiency of nicotinic acid is
These were some MCQs on Human Digestive System. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.