Implantation is the act of firmly setting in. In particular, it is when the fertilized egg is attached to the lining of the uterus firmly, which usually takes place nearly 6 or 7 days after fertilization while gastrulation is the process wherein the embryo transforms from blastula to a gastrula with multiple cell layers during embryonic development.
1. Which of the following organ is formed during gastrulation?
(b) Vitelline membrane
2. Mesoderm gives rise to all the structures except ______.
(b) Circulatory system
(c) Nervous system
(d) Muscular system
3. In human females, the fertilized eggs get implanted in the uterus after ________.
(a) One month of fertilization
(b) Two months of fertilization
(c) Seven days of fertilization
(d) Three weeks of fertilization
4. Brain, nerve cells and spinal cord or the central nervous system develops from embryonic ______.
(d) Both (b) and (c)
5. Which of the following options contains only the mesodermal structures?
(a) Heart, blood, bones, notochord
(b) Heart, blood, muscles, liver
(c) Notochord, blood, liver, muscles
(d) Liver, heart, bones, blood
6. Implantation is the process of__________.
(a) Attachment of blastocyst to the uterine wall
(b) Egg movement
(c) Degeneration of egg
(d) Egg fertilization
7. Which of the following embryo has a parasitic mode of nutrition?
(a) Mammalian embryo
(b) Bird’s embryo
(c) Amphibian embryo
(d) Reptilian embryo
8. which of the following events is likely to take place, if the nuclei from an 8-celled stage of an embryo are transplanted into enucleated eggs?
(a) Recipient egg dies
(b) Donor nuclei die in the new environment
(c) Cleavage occurs but is arrested after some time
(d) Formation of the viable embryo in the recipient eggs
9. Egg implantation is followed by______.
10. Pseudopregnancy is a physiological condition, comparable to normal pregnancy except that there is no__________.
(a) endometrial changes
(b) developing foetus
(c) corpus luteum
(d) developing ovum
Test your knowledge with important MCQs on Implantation and Gastrulation. Explore more MCQs on different NEET related topics at BYJU’S