Thallophyta is a division of lower plants having an undifferentiated body. Examples include algae, fungi, lichens. They are mostly found in aquatic environments. They lack true roots, stems and leaves. They lack vascular tissues. They do not produce seeds. In modern taxonomy, algae, fungi and lichens are kept in separate groups.
1. Which of the following shows syngamy outside the body?
2. Which of the following pigments is present in the brown algae?
3. Which of the following is called ‘amphibians’ of the Plant kingdom?
4. The general term for a group of plants reproducing by spore formation is
5. Conjugation in Spirogyra or fertilization in Chlamydomonas leads to the formation of
6. Lichens are a good indicator of SO2 pollution because
(a) they flourish in polluted environments
(b) they are sensitive to SO2
(c) they grow faster
(d) they are an association of algae and fungi
7. Blue green algae are included in
8. Which of the following does not contain nuclear membrane?
9. Most of the fungi contain _______ in their cell wall.
10. Which of the following contains more than one pyrenoids?
(d) All of the above
These were some MCQs on Thallophyte. Learn MCQs on related topics for NEET, at BYJU’S.