The NEET is a national level single window entrance/eligibility exam for admission to MD/MS/PG diploma courses in various medical institutes in India. NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. As per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, no other entrance examination shall be valid for admission into MS/MD/PG Diploma Courses. Those who manage to clear the exam would be granted admissions in around 350 medical colleges (both public and private).
The top universities and colleges of India give admission PG Medical courses on the basis of NEET PG score. Aspiring candidates can get all the important details on NEET PG 2018 here.
The important dates of NEET PG are mentioned in the table below.
|Online registration||Last week of September 2017|
|Online registration last date||Second week of November 2017|
|Admit card issue||One or two weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||First to the third week of December 2017|
|Result Declaration||Third week of January 2018|
|Counselling||After announcement of result|
NEET PG Exam Pattern
The detailed Exam Pattern of NEET PG Exam is mentioned in the table below.
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
NEET PG Registration 2018
- The NEET PG 2018 Application form will be available from the last week of September 2017.
- Applicants can register for the examination through online mode from the NEET official website.
- Candidates should fill all the required registration details like name, address, academic and personal details etc.
- Scanned copy of photograph, signature, MCI/SMC, and other certificates are required in the prescribed format.
- Payment of the fee is also via online mode.
- After completing the registration process, applicants should take a printout of the confirmation page for further use.
Here are the basic eligibility criteria for NEET PG Examination.
|Qualification||Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate or an MBBS degree recognized by the MCI.|
|Internship||Candidates should complete 1 year of their internship or likely to complete it before 31st March 2018|
|All India 50% Quota seats||Candidates who have studied MBBS from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir states are not eligible for this quota.|
- The registration fee is Rs. 2750/- for SC/ST/PWD categories and Rs. 3750/- for Gen/OBC candidates.
- The payment of fee can be made by credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Offline method of payment is not available.
Number of questions from each topic
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest notification on Byju’s. Know the NEET syllabus, NEET Cutoff Score, NEET Exam Pattern only at Byju’s.