The NEET is a national level entrance/eligibility exam for admission to MD/MS/PG diploma courses in various medical institutes in India. NEET-PG is a single-window entrance examination for PG courses. As per the Indian Medical Council Act, no other entrance examination shall be valid for admission into MS/MD/PG Diploma Courses. Those who manage to clear the exam would be granted admissions in more than 350 medical colleges (both govt. and private).
The top universities and colleges of India give admissions to PG Medical courses on the basis of NEET PG score. Aspiring candidates can get all the important details on NEET-PG 2021 here.
Important Dates For NEET-PG 2021
The important dates of NEET-PG are mentioned in the table below.
|Availability of Information Bulletin||23rd February 2021 onwards|
|Online submission of the application form for NEET||23rd February 2021 to 15th March 2021|
|Admit card issue||April 14th 2021|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
NEET-PG 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed Exam Pattern of NEET-PG Exam is mentioned in the table below.
|Exam Mode||Online mode (Computer-based Test)|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Negative Marking||1 mark deducted for every incorrect response|
NEET-PG 2021 Registration
- The NEET-PG 2021 Application form was released by the NBE on 23rd February 2o21
- Applicants could register for the examination through online mode on the NEET official website
- Candidates were required to fill in all the required registration details like name, address, academic and personal details etc.
- A scanned copy of the photograph, signature, MCI/SMC, and other certificates was required in the officially prescribed format.
- Payment of the fee could be done through the online mode.
- After completion of the registration process, applicants must take a printout of the confirmation page for future use.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-PG 2021
Here are the basic eligibility criteria for NEET-PG 2021 Examination.
The regulatory body for NEET-PG 2021 specifies the eligibility criteria which must be checked and verified by applicants before they apply. Failing to meet these requirements, candidates shall not be taken into consideration for admissions to PG medical courses. That is to say that if candidates are observed to be ineligible, the candidature is subject to cancellation. Those candidates who are submitting internship certificate under NEET-PG 2021 eligibility criteria must specify the start and end date of the Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship programme (submitted in the original form).
Candidates with an MBBS degree belonging to the state of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir cannot apply for seats under the All India Quota. Those applicants from the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, who have been granted government medical colleges can apply under the All India 50% Quota.
Students who have an MBBS degree from the state of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are required to furnish a duly signed affidavit mentioning that the student secured a college via the centralized counselling in addition to a hard copy of the confirmation of submission of NEET-PG application form.
Candidates are required to submit the declaration at the office of the Deputy Direction. The address for the same is as follows –
Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-PG 2O21 – Academic Qualification
- To apply for NEET-PG 2021, candidates must have an MBBS degree or a certification recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Must possess a valid degree. The internship must be completed by March 31st 2021. Registration of applicants shall be cancelled if the internship certificate or degree produced is invalid
- Must have one year of experience certificate with certificate or Degree
NEET-PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Foreign Medical Graduates
- Should have pursued primary medical qualifications from any medical colleges outside India
- Those applying under the FMG Quota should qualify for the FMGE carried out by the NBE
- Such foreign medical graduates should be registered under the SMC or Medical Council of India. The FMG candidates should possess an internship as specified by the NBE
Students are required to visit the official website to get the complete details on the eligibility criteria for NEET-UG 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET-PG 2O21 – Age Limit
The regulatory body for NEET-PG does not specify the lower or upper age limit to appear at NEET-PG 2021 as of now. However, it clearly states that candidates must hold an MBBS degree with a mandatory internship certificate to be eligible for NEET-UG 2021.
Application Fee – Examination Fee for NEET-PG 2021
|Category||Exam Fee||GST @ 18%||Total Fee*|
|General and OBC||Rs. 4250/-||Rs. 765/-||Rs. 5015/-|
|PWD, SC, ST||Rs. 3250/-||Rs. 585/-||Rs. 3835/-|
- Excluding charges, as can be applied by different payment gateways
- The payment of the fee can be made by credit card, debit card or other net banking services.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification on BYJU’S. Know the NEET syllabus, NEET Cutoff Score, NEET Exam Pattern only at BYJU’S.