NTA (National testing Agency), the regulatory body for NEET, in its official notification released on 5th October, declared that the candidates can now avail the facility of verifying and challenging their responses.
NEET 2020 was successfully concluded on 13th September 2020 with the registration of
15, 97, 433 candidates and attendance of nearly 85-90% of these registered numbers.
The official notification stated that the portal is now open for verification and challenging OMR sheets and recorded responses. The NTA has uploaded the scanned images of OMR answer sheets and recorded responses.
Candidates can log in and record their challenges on the official website for NEET – ntaneet.nic.in. The facility can be availed from 5th October 2020 (6 pm) to 7th October (6 pm). It is a chargeable service, a sum of Rs. 1000/- per challenge, to be precise. The payment can be done through Net banking/Debit or Credit card up to 8 pm on 7th October. In case the challenge is found to be correct, the same amount shall be refunded. However, without receipt of the processing fee, no challenge shall be accepted.
Additionally, the notice clearly mentions that any challenges received through e-mails or posts shall not be accepted. The procedure for challenging responses is as mentioned below.
Step-by-step Process To Challenge OMR Sheets and Recorded Responses
- Visit the official website and login with your credentials
- Flashing on the left pane is the “OMR Challenge” link, click on it
- Select from the list of 180 questions on Physics, Chemistry and Biology that you wish to challenge
- “Captured response As Per OMR Sheet” column shows a number next to the question, it indicates the option selected by the candidates in the OMR Answer sheets
- Three options are provided in the column “Candidate’s claim”, once you pick any question to challenge. Select any of these options if you wish to challenge
- Once questions have been challenged by selecting the desired option, click on submit, next screen displays your challenges, click on “Final submit”
- Proceed to make the payment by clicking on the “Go for payment” link on the subsequent page
- Select mode of payment. Processing fee of each challenge is Rs. 1000/-, which can be done through any of the aforementioned modes
- Once payment is successful, download the OMR challenge receipt
Note: Your fee shall be refunded into the same account if the challenge is found to be correct. However, the Expert Committee’s decision shall be considered final in this regard.
Candidates are suggested to regularly visit the official website of NEET to stay updated with the latest.
For related information on NEET, visit us at BYJU’S.