Xylem Parenchyma is one of the four elements of the xylem tissue and the only living cell of xylem with a cell wall composed of cellulose. It carries out the critical functionality of storage and radial conduction of water.
MCQs On Xylem Parenchyma
1. Which of the following tissue is involved in water conduction?
(a) Xylem and Phloem
(b) Tracheids and trachea
(c) Sclerenchyma and Parenchyma
(d) Xylem fibres and bast fibres
2. Which of the following plant species lack xylem vessels?
(d) Mango tree
3. Xylem consists of ________.
(a) Tracheids, Fibers and parenchyma
(b) Tracheids, vessels and companion cells
(c) Tracheids, fibres, vessels and parenchyma
(d) Tracheids, Companion cells, Sieve cells and vessels
4. Which of the following vessels is considered as the most advanced water-conducting element?
(a) Multiple vessels
(c) Annular tracheids
(d) Simple vessels
5. The only living element of the xylem tissue is ______.
(c) Xylem Fiber
(d) Xylem Parenchyma
6. Which of the following is not the characteristic of xylem parenchyma?
(a) They have a prominent nucleus
(b) The cell wall is thick, made of chitin
(c) Only living cells of the xylem tissue
(d) Cells have large vacuoles and are colourless
7. Vessels and tracheids are absent in _______.
8. The process by which plant tissues becomes woody is _______.
9. The living tissue with thin-walled, isodiametric and intercellular spaces characteristics is ______.
10. The development of wood parenchyma develops from______.
(a) Ray initials
(b) Collenchyma cells
(c) Fusiform initials
(d) All of the above
Stay tuned with BYJU’S NEET for more MCQs and other NEET related study materials.