Assam Higher Secondary Education Council popularly known as AHSEC is based in Guwahati, Assam. The AHSEC Board works under the state government of Assam. It is the regulating body for Higher Secondary (10+2) education in the state of Assam. The Assam Higher Secondary Education was established by the Assam Government on 1 June 1984 to regulate, supervise and develop the system of higher secondary education in the State of Assam.
Since then, AHSEC has been entrusted the task of developing higher secondary school education in the state. As part of this responsibility, the Council conducts the Higher Secondary (HS) or 12th class examination every year. The Council prepares and issues the exam datesheet or timetable, ensures smooth conduct of the exam and also releases AHSEC results.
AHSEC Board Details
|Formation||June 1, 1984|
|Type||State Governmental Board of Education|
|Location||Bamunimaidam, Guwahati – 781 021.|
|Official language||Assamese & English|
|Parent organisation||Government of Assam|
Powers and Functions of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council has to perform below- mentioned powers and functions.
- To prescribe curricula (scheme of studies ), syllabus and courses of instruction for Higher Secondary stage which may be in a college / Higher Secondary school.
- To conduct examination based on such course
- To admit to its examinations, on condition that may be prescribed by regulations, candidates who have pursued the prescribed courses of instruction and also to take such disciplinary action against candidates as may be prescribed by regulations.
- To demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- To publish the results of its examination.
- To grant certificate to students passing the examinations.
- To institute and award scholarships, prizes etc.
- To prescribed and select textbooks and supplementary books.
- To lay down conditions of recognition of Higher Secondary School and Junior College.
- To recognize H S School and to withdraw such recognition, if required.
- To take such disciplinary action as it thinks fit against institutions as prescribed by regulations.
- To adopt measures for study and examination problems in fields of Higher Secondary education.
- To advise the Government on physical, moral and social welfare of students in recognized institutions and to prescribe conditions of their residence and discipline.
- To prescribe necessary qualifications of teachers in recognized Higher Secondary Schools.
- To receive grants from the Government and donations from private and individuals or associations for specific or general purpose.
- To call for reports from Director of Public Instruction ( DSE ) regarding the conditions of recognized institutions or of institutions applying for recognition.
- To advise the Government on re-organization and development of H S Education.
- To advise the Government relating to any matter within the provision of this act on which Government may consult the Council.
- To appoint officers and other employees of the Council and to prescribe by regulations the terms and conditions of their services.
- To institute by regulations for the benefit of its officers and other employees such as pension, gratuity and provident fund as it may be deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribe by regulations.
- To delegate any of its powers to any committee constituted under the act.
- To administer the H S Education Council Fund.
- To receive, purchase and held any property, movable or immovable which may become vested in it and to dispose of all or any of the property movable or immovable belonging to it and also to do all other act incidental or appertaining thereto.
- To deal such acts and things as may be necessary to carry out the purpose of this act.
Meanwhile, to prepare for the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council(AHSEC) exams, students will need access to the study materials and resources.
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council Resources
Check below the details as well as the resources given to prepare for the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council exams.
AHSEC Board Syllabus
AHSEC Board prescribes curricula (scheme of studies ), syllabus and courses of instruction for Higher Secondary stage. The Board is solely responsible for designing and revising the syllabus of Class 11 and 12 of all subjects and academic streams. AHSEC has adopted the NCERT curriculum for Class 12 students. Students can download syllabus of all the subjects from the links mentioned below.
AHSEC Board Previous Year Question Papers
AHSEC Board Previous Year Question Papers are very important for students. It gives an idea of the exam pattern, marks weightage, important questions, etc. Solving these previous year question papers will help students to get a feel of the real question paper. Students can access AHSEC Board previous year question papers for Class 11 and 12 from the below-mentioned table.
|AHSEC Board Class 11 Previous Year Question Papers|
|AHSEC Board Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers|
AHSEC Board Books
AHSEC Board textbooks prescribed by the Council help students to prepare for the exam. These textbooks are designed as per syllabus prescribed by Board. The textbook covers all the important concepts and topics which need to be studied by Class 11 and 12 students. The topics covered in textbooks are explained in simple and easy to understand language.
AHSEC Board Model Question Papers
Model question papers of AHSEC Board help students to understand the paper pattern, weightage of marks, important questions, etc. Solving these model question papers will make the students more confident. Students of Class 11 and 12 are advised to practise these model question papers once they complete studying the whole syllabus.