Reserve Bank of India conducts RBI Assistant Exam every year to recruit candidates for the post of Assistants in various branches of the Reserve Bank of India across the country. Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join RBI Assistant, has to apply online through the Bank’s official website.
In this article, RBI Assistant 2022 Age Limit is discussed in detail. For more details on RBI Assistant Exam 2021, refer to the linked article.
|Check if you are eligible for the RBI Assistant and start your preparation now with the Free Online RBI Mock Test!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace bank exams:
Age Limit for RBI Assistant 2022
- Candidates intending to apply for RBI Assistant should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by the RBI.
- The RBI Assistant eligibility criteria are majorly based on the candidates’:
- Educational Qualification
- Before applying, Candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the post.
- Age Limit criteria for RBI Assistant
- Minimum Age Limit for RBI Assistant – 20 Years
- Maximum Age Limit for RBI Assistant – 28 Years
Candidates are advised to regularly check the linked article for more details and updates about bank exams.
RBI Assistant Upper Age Limit (Category-wise)
The notification also mentions upper age limits for different categories, as mentioned below in the table.
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN/ EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in the Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to a maximum of 50 years.|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||By 5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of a number of years of such experience, subject to a maximum of 3 years.|
Additional Points to note for RBI Assistant exam age limit criteria
- The relaxation in upper age and educational qualifications available to ExServiceman/Disabled Ex-Serviceman will not be available to Dependents of Servicemen killed in action or severely disabled.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’& ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ / ‘D’ under Central Government.
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification.
To know more about eligibility criteria, aspirants can go through the linked RBI Assistant eligibility