What is Migraine?
Migraine is a neurological disorder that can cause multiple symptoms. This condition is frequently characterized by intense and debilitating headaches. Migraines can also begin in childhood or may occur during the early adulthood. Compared to men, women are more likely to have migraines. A family history is also one of the most common risk factors for having migraines.
According to the records, Migraine tends to affect people aged 15 to 55 years and the extreme pain or headaches can last for hours or even days. Few causes of migraines and the factors that cause the headaches are – allergies, changing hormone levels, and stress.
Symptoms of Migraine
As mentioned earlier, there are different types of migraine and the symptoms vary and everyone with migraine will not have every symptoms because it depends on the type of triggering factors and the nerves which gets affected .
The most common migraine symptoms are:
- Neck pain.
- Mood changes.
- Stiffness of Neck.
- Cravings for Food.
- Numbness or tingling.
- Fatigue or low energy.
- Lack of concentration.
- Difficulties in speaking.
- Swollen or puffy eyelids.
- Throbbing or Pulsating pain.
- Increased thirst and urination.
- Pain on one side of your head.
- Frequent yawning and Drowsiness.
- Changes in vision or blurred vision.
- Sensitivity to light, smell and sound.
- Weakness, loss of muscle strength, dizziness
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to know more in detail about Migraine, causes and its Symptoms.