Students can learn about concepts such as types of farming, cropping patterns, major crops, and so on from Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 10 Geography. One of the best ways to understand these concepts thoroughly is to solve the CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 4 Agriculture Important Questions. It will also give students an idea about the types of questions that are likely to be repeated in the board exams. Practising these questions will help in scoring high marks in the Social Science paper.
These CBSE Class 10 Geography important questions are taken from the textbooks and question papers, thus covering all critical points of the chapter. Students can also find the download link for these questions below.
Download Free CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 4 Agriculture Important Questions PDF
Chapter 4 Agriculture Important Questions
1. Which one of the following is a rabi crop?
2. Mention some of the states of India, where Intensive Subsistence Farming is practised.
3. Give some examples of crops, which may be commercial in one region and may provide subsistence in another region?
4. Name one important beverage crop and specify the geographical conditions
required for its growth.
5. Enlist the various institutional reform programmes introduced by the government in the interest of farmers.
6. Describe the impact of globalisation on Indian agriculture.
7. What are the geographical conditions required for the growth of rice? Explain.
8. What are the 3 main features of a ‘Rabi crop season?’
9. Define the 3 main features of a ‘Kharif crop season’.
10. Name any two major fibre crops grown in India. Describe the conditions
required to grow these two crops.
11. Mention any five institutional reform programmes introduced by the government in the interest of the farmers.
12. Explain the climatic conditions, temperature and rainfall required for the production of jowar in India.
13. What are the four characteristics of Substinence farming?
15. Mention the three characteristics of commercial farming in India.
16. State the main function of the public distribution system.
17. Define the climatic conditions required for the growth of a tea plantation. Mention any two major tea-producing states.
18. Describe Sugar cane crops and write a short note on it.
19. Define commercial farming v/s plantation farming.
20. Which are the states that lead in the production of millets in India?
21. Why do farming practices vary in different regions? Give three major reasons.
22. Name some primitive tools used in ‘slash and bum’ agriculture.
23. What is horticulture?
We also provide more study materials such as CBSE Question papers, syllabus and NCERT textbooks to prepare for the exams. Stay tuned to BYJU’S for the latest update on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive Exams. Also, download the BYJU’S App for interactive study videos.
It was really really helpful