The manufacturing sector is considered the backbone of development in general and economic development in particular. The development of manufacturing industries also measures the economic strength of a country. Students can learn more about “Manufacturing Industries” in Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 10 Geography. These CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 6 Manufacturing Industries Important Questions are also framed based on the critical topics of the chapter. These questions also include the question types that are more likely to be repeated in the board exams.
Students can find the PDF format of these CBSE Class 10 Geography important questions from the link provided below in the article. These questions are the best resource to study for the exams.
Chapter 6 Manufacturing Industries Important Questions
1.Why is it important for our country to keep the mill sector loomage lower than power loom and handloom?
2.Why is it important for us to improve our weaving sector instead of exporting yarn in large quantities?
3.Why is the per capita consumption of steel so low in India?
4. Where would it be economically viable to set up the cement manufacturing units?
5. Which one of the following industries uses limestone as a raw material?
(a) Aluminium (b) Cement (c) Plastic (d) Automobile
6. Which one of the following industries uses bauxite as a raw material?
(a) Aluminium Smelting (b) Cement (c) Paper (d) Steel
7. What is manufacturing?
8.What are the basic industries? Give an example.
9. How are integrated steel plants different from mini steel plants? What problems does the industry face?
10. Discuss the steps to be taken to minimise environmental degradation by industry?
11. Name the important raw materials used in the manufacturing of cement?
12. Give reasons on why the cotton textile industry concentrated in the cotton-growing belt of Maharashtra and Gujarat in the early years?
13. Mention any two problems faced by the iron and steel industry in India.
14. Define mini steel plants and explain any two features of it.
15. Give three reasons why the iron and steel industry are called the basic industry?
16. Why are thermal power stations positioned near the coalfields?
17. Give reasons why agro-based industries are important.
18.Why is the jute industry mainly concentrated in West Bengal?
19. What are the major problems faced by the cotton textile mills in India?
20. How do industries pollute the air?
Practice daily to have a better understanding of the concepts of the subject. Students can also practice the CBSE Class 10 Question Paper. Stay tuned and access more information.