In Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 10 Geography, you will see how modern means of transport and communication serve as lifelines of our nation and its modern economy. It is thus evident that a dense and efficient network of transport and communication is a prerequisite for local, national and global trade of today. Other topics discussed in this chapter include mode of transport, communication and tourism as trade and more. CBSE Class 10 Geography Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy Important Questions also cover these topics and help students to score well in the board exams.
You can access the CBSE Class 10 Geography Important Questions of this chapter from the link provided below in this article.
Chapter 7 Lifelines of National Economy Important Questions
1. What is the significant role played by Golden Quadrilateral Super Highways?
2. What type of tourism may be developed in your state/UT and why?
3. Which is the international airport positioned in the state of Tamil Nadu?
4. How tourism may be helpful for the economic development of a region adopting a sustainable development approach?
5. Give the names of 2 waterways declared as National Waterways by the Government.
6. Which mode of transportation reduces trans-shipment losses and delays?
(a) Railways (b) Pipeline
(c) Roadways (d) Waterways
7. Which one of the following terms is used to describe trade between two or more countries?
(a) Internal trade (b) External trade
(c) International trade (d) Local trade
8. Name the states from below mentioned with the highest road density in India.
9. What is the significance of the border roads?
10. What is meant by trade? What is the difference between international and local trade?
11. Define Road Density.
12. Why are the means of transportation and communication called the lifelines of a nation and its economy?
13. Write a note on the changing nature of international trade in the last fifteen years.
14. State any three merits of roadways.
15. Write a note on the improvements made by the Indian Railways.
16. What are the characteristics of Kandla Sea Port? Mention three points.
17. Give any two demerits of air transport.
18. Name the state in which Marmagao port is located.
19. ‘Dense and efficient network of transport and communication is a prerequisite for national and international trade’. Give four arguments to support this statement.
20. Give two reasons why the importance of inland waterways has declined.
21. ‘Roadways still have an edge over railways in India.’ Support the statement with arguments.
22. Why is air travel more popular in the north-eastern states of India? Explain.
23. Why was the Haldia seaport set up?
Learn & Practice more on different topics to excel in Boards as well as competitive examination with BYJU’S – The learning App. Stay tuned to get more information about CBSE Exams. Download BYJU’S App for watching interactive study videos.