Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 10 Political Science deals with three kinds of social differences formed based on gender, religion and caste that can take the form of social divisions and inequalities. The chapter discusses the nature of this division in India and how it gets expressed in politics. It also explores whether different expressions based on these differences are healthy or otherwise in a democracy. Students can solve the CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 4 Gender, Religion and Caste Important Questions that have been compiled to learn these concepts thoroughly. These questions help the students to prepare well for the CBSE Board Exams.
Here, we have also given the link to download the PDF version of these CBSE Class 10 Political Science Question Papers for this chapter.
Download CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 4 Gender, Religion and Caste Important Questions PDF
Gender, Religion and Caste
1. What is the sexual division of labour? Explain with examples.
2. Has the caste system really disappeared from India? Justify with reasons.
3. Discuss all these perceptions of an ideal woman that prevail in our society. Do you agree with any of these? If not, what is your image of an ideal woman?
4. Do you agree that the Caste system plays a role in shaping politics or deciding the candidates from a constituency? Justify the answer with reasons.
5. Explain the terms “Patriarchy” and “Feminist”?
6. Discuss the manifestation of the idea of secularism in the Indian Constitution.
7. In India, the proportion of women in the legislature has been very low. For example, the percentage of elected women members in Lok Sabha has touched 12% of its total strength for the first time in 2014. Their share in the state assemblies is less than 5%. Could you think of some reasons why women’s representation is so low in India? Do you think the Americas and Europe have achieved a satisfactory level of women’s representation?
8. If casteism and communalism are bad, what makes feminism a good thing? Why don’t we oppose all those who divide the society on any lines – caste, religion or gender?
9. Does the Constitution of India safeguard the principles of secularism in India? How?
10. Mention different aspects of life in which women are discriminated against or disadvantaged in India
11. Define “Communalism”.
12. State different forms of communal politics with one example each.
13. Mention the type of work that are devalued by the Society.
14. State two reasons to say that caste alone cannot determine election results in India.
15. What is the role of Dr B. R. Ambedkar in fighting for Dalits?
16. Mention any two constitutional provisions that make India a secular state.
17. Discuss the educational status of women in India.
18. Social divisions based on _________ are peculiar to India.
19. Is it important to separate religion from the state? Why?
20. What led to the severe decline in child sex ratio? Discuss.