According to the CBSE Syllabus 2023-24, this chapter has been renumbered as Chapter 4 in NCERT Class 10 Social Science Textbook.
Political parties have an essential role in the rise of democracies, in the formation of constitutional designs, in electoral politics and in the making and working of governments. Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 10 Political Science starts by dealing with questions like Why do we need parties? How many parties are suitable for democracy? It goes on to discuss the national and regional political parties in today’s India, followed by what is wrong with political parties and what can be done about it. CBSE Class 10 Political Science Chapter 6 Political Parties Important Questions are devised based on these concepts. Students can solve these questions and prepare proficiently for the exams.
Students can access the PDF format of the CBSE Class 10 Political Science Important Questions from the link provided below. Download it and revise these questions before the exam.
1. What is the need for Political Parties? Mention three components of a Political Party.
2. Discuss if Political Parties shape public opinion.
3. What are the functions of a Political Party?
4. Give two prerequisites for a Political Party.
5. Who is a “Partisan?” Explain.
6. How many major or effective parties are good for democracy?
7. Which are the three National Political Parties? Mention their symbols.
8. Here are three major types of party systems that exist at the State level. Can you find the names of at least two States for each of these types?
- Two-party system
- Multiparty system with two alliances
- Multiparty system
9. What are the objectives of a Political Party? Mention any two.
10. What are the various challenges faced by political parties?
11. Suggest some reforms to strengthen parties so that they perform their functions well?
12. Mention the criteria for political parties to be recognised as state parties and national parties.
13. A group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in the government is called a _____________________.
14. Parties are often rocked by scandals involving top-party leaders. True or False.
15. Why cannot modern democracies function without political parties? Mention any three reasons for this.
16. Can political parties create awareness among people and bring them closer? How do they do it?
17. Explain the term multi-party system. Give an example.
18. Define the term “defection.”
19. Write a short note on the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC).
20. Elaborate on the Communist Party of India (CPI).
21. What are the three main components of a political party?
22. In which state does ‘Biju Janata Dal’ exist as a regional party?
23. “No party system is ideal for all countries and in all situations.” Justify the statement with five arguments.
Students must have found Important Questions CBSE Class 10 Civics Chapter 6 Political Parties a useful resource for their board exam preparation. For more practice, they can solve the CBSE Sample Papers 2021 and CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers. Also, stay tuned to BYJU’S for the latest update on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Competitive exams.