CBSE Class 6 Chemistry Syllabus
Byju’s brings you complete study material for CBSE chemistry syllabus along with chemistry sample papers, that cover all the required topics and units in an organized manner. Students from different boards can also visit this syllabus for reference. CBSE board conducts studies and research before modifying and prescribing syllabus for any class and subsequently implements changes time to time. Now download Chemistry syllabus and know which are the chapters and units included and eliminated from the previous syllabus.
The list of units in class 6 Chemistry is mentioned below.
- Fibre to Fabric
- Separation of Substances
- Air Around Us
- Changes Around Us
- Sorting Materials into Groups
The CBSE board students can also access to NCERT solution for class 6 chemistry. The chemistry syllabus is well defined and framed in a pattern that can be adapted by students with different capabilities to perform well in examinations.
Fibre to Fabric
- A.1Variety in fabrics
- A.2Fibres : Natural and Synthetic Fibres (Classification)
- A.3Plant Fibre – Cotton : Cultivation and Uses (ginning, spinning, weaving, and knitting)
- A.4Plant Fiber – Jute : Cultivation and Uses
- A.5Animal Fiber – Wool : Cultivation and Uses (4 steps for processing wool)
- A.6Animal Fiber – Silk : Cultivation and Uses
- A.7Types of soil required for the growth of different fibrous plants
Sorting Materials into Groups
Seperation of Substances
- C.1Separation of substances : Why?
- C.2Separation of solids from other solids : Hand picking
- C.3Separation of solids from other solids : Threshing
- C.4Separation of solids from other solids : Winnowing
- C.5Separation of solids from other solids : Sieving
- C.7Separation of water soluble solids: Evaporation and Condensation
- C.8Separation of insoluble solids from liquids : Sedimentation
- C.9Separation of insoluble solids from liquids : Decantation and Loading
- C.10Separation of insoluble solids from liquids : Filteration
- C.11Saturated solutions
- C.12Separation of imiscible liquids : Churning and Centrifugation