Don’t lose your heart or feel disheartened if you didn’t scored well in your board examination. If you are thinking you had done much better and deserve a much better score in your board examination. To give a second chance to these students, CBSE conducts the CBSE Improvement Exam.
So, you must be curious to know about the CBSE improvement exam form, examination procedure, eligibility to appear for the examination and all other relevant factors associated with the exam. To be eligible for the CBSE improvement exam 2021 one has to pass the Board Examination. Students who failed in class 10 and 12 board examination can not apply for CBSE improvement examination.
New Guidelines for CBSE Improvement Examination 2021 – Latest Update
CBSE has released a notification on 16th March 2021 issuing the new guidelines for improvement examination 2021. Earlier, the students have to wait for complete one year to appear for the improvement examination. They were not allowed to appear for the exam conducted in the same year. The board has now made specific changes in the rule by considering the National Education Policy’s recommendation. As per the new guidelines, students of class 10 and 12 who have passed their 10th and 12th examination can apply for improvement exam in the same academic year. The board Further stated that;
- Students of Class 10 and 12 will be given an opportunity to improve their performance only in one subject in the compartment examination, conducted immediately after the main examination.
- Better of two marks obtained in the subject will be considered for declaration of the results.
- Students who will improve their performance will be issued a combined mark sheet.
Students can download the complete notification pdf from the link below.
CBSE Improvement Examination Guidelines
It stated that
1) In CBSE improvement examination a candidate will get a chance to re-appear in one or more subject in the consecutive years board examination.
2) Students who have cleared the previous years board examination are also eligible to apply for CBSE improvement examination.
3) Students who have appeared in the last year’s board examination, their personal details will be auto generated while registering for the improvement examination. But the students who appeared two years ago they will need to fill their personal details while applying for the improvement examination.
4) Students who didn’t passed the previous year board examination are not eligible to apply for the improvement examination. They need to appear as a private student on the next year or they can appear for the compartment examination.
5) If a student is not able to perform well in the improvement examination then their best performance in both the exams will be considered.
CBSE has released the complete guidelines to apply for Improvement exam 2020 for class 10 and class 12. To get the complete information, visit CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam and CBSE Revaluation page.
Steps to fill CBSE Improvement Exam Application Form
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of CBSE.
- Then enter your Board Exam roll number .
- If you are a regular student then you have to enter your CBSE School Code in the given box. In case you are applying as a private student and you have to enter 99999.
- Now you have to enter your exam center code from the previous year’s admit card.
- Click on proceed and fill the required fields.
- Now pay the application fee either online or by Challan.
- Note down the application number and roll number for any further queries.
1) If the application fee is already deducted from the account and the same has not been updated in the portal, then candidate must not try to pay the fee again.
2) Candidates are advised to contact their respective bank for transaction details, then they should send an email to the CBSE regional office with their Application No, Roll No, Name of Candidate and Transaction details.
Stay tune to BYJU’S for latest updates and notifications on CBSE exams. At BYJU’S we also provide interactive videos, study notes and sample question papers.