In this article, we shall look into a few important GK questions on various countries and capitals of the world for class 2 kids. These questions would help the youngsters to have a fair idea about the world map and give them an opportunity to know the countries and their capitals across the globe. As they proceed with the countries and capitals quiz, this will arouse curiosity in their minds to explore and know more about topics of international interest.
There are close to 200 nations which are recognized as independent countries in the world. Each country has a capital city of its own. There is still a significant number of countries which have multiple capital cities. Every country has its own cultural heritage, people speak multiple languages and follow various religions, diversities and ethnicities, etc. Every country in the world is blessed with beautiful landscapes, monuments and charismatic natural beauty which sets its apart from other countries.
Here is a set of GK questions on countries and their capitals with answers for class 2 kids which will help them to learn more about the world and upgrade their knowledge about various countries on the global platform.
Answer the following questions:
1. ________________ is the capital of Russia.
- New Delhi
2. What is the capital of Canada?
- None of the above
3. Canberra is the capital city of which island continent?
- North America
4. What is the capital city of Italy which is also referred to as the “Eternal City” of the world?
- Washington DC
5. Thimphu is the capital of which South Asian country?
- Sri Lanka
6. Wellington is the capital of which country?
- New Zealand
- United States of America (USA)
- None of the above
7. Lima is the capital of _______________.
8. What is the capital of Iraq?
- New York
9. ________________ is the capital of Malaysia.
- Kuala Lumpur
10. Athens is the capital of which southeastern European country?
- Czech Republic
These were some important GK questions on various countries and their capitals for Class 2 kids. The answers to the questions of country capitals quiz are provided in the box given below. To explore more such mind-twisting and interesting world GK questions on other topics, you can download our learning app- Disney BYJU’S Early Learn for your kids and learn more.
|1. Moscow||2. Ottawa||3. Australia||4. Rome||5. Bhutan|
|6. New Zealand||7. Peru||8. Baghdad||9. Kuala Lumpur||10. Greece|