About Class 12 Economics Exam
- Economics relates closely to our daily life and has immense importance in the commerce stream.
- It becomes essential for students to assimilate the concepts of economics.
Amazingly Practical Subject
- Economics relates closely to our day-to-day life. Most of the things that we study in this subject are what we already know and experience everyday but do not know what we call it technically.
- When we study economics, we get to know about the technical terms as well as their true application in our life.
Theory and Numerical are Equally Important
- If studied properly, then this subject can provide an immense opportunity to get full marks.
- However, you need to focus equally on the theoretical as well as the numerical portion of economics.
Also explore: Study Material for Economics
Pattern and Marks Allocation
The paper comprises 100 Marks. The theory paper is for 80 marks, and 20 marks are project work.
Theory: 80 marks
Project: 20 marks
Exam time: 3 hours
|Part A||Introductory Macroeconomics|
|National Income and Related Aggregates||10|
|Money and Banking||6|
|Determination of Income and Employment||12|
|Government Budget and the Economy||6|
|Balance of Payments||6|
|Part B||Indian Economic Development|
|Development Experience (1947-90)
and Economic Reforms since 1991
|Current Challenges facing Indian Economy||22|
|Development Experience of India – A Comparison with Neighbours||06|
|Theory Paper (40+40 = 80 Marks)||40|
|Part C||Project Work||20|
The duration of the exam is 3 Hours.
Economics exam is generally conducted in the month of March every year.
To know more about the syllabus, sample paper, and examination pattern, stay tuned to BYJU’S.