Books to be Followed
- Treat NCERT books like the Bible as they are according to the syllabus and are prescribed by CBSE. CBSE board exams are entirely based on the prescribed syllabus.
- Various reference books are also available in the market which can be referred for more information.
- Some renowned economics reference books for Class 12th are T.S. Grewal, T.R. Jain and V K Ohri, and C. B. Sachdeva.
- Students can also refer to BYJU’S commerce books to achieve a 100% mark target.
- Class 12 Economics Syllabus
- Economics Sample Papers for Class 12
- Important Questions for Class 12 Economics
- Economics MCQs
Definitions and Meanings
- Definitions are to be understood properly with the logic and reasoning behind the concept.
- To get full marks, you need to memorise the definitions after understanding them so that you can write them properly in the exam.
Distinguish between Questions
- There are a lot of differences between the questions that are to be written in a tabular form.
- Do not forget to show the basis for differences.
Graphs, tables, and formulas are very important
- The theories of economics are supported by tabular and graphical representations along with the formulas which help us to understand the concepts in an easy manner.
- You should regularly practice drawing graphs so that you can learn to draw the correct shapes of various curves. Use a pencil for this purpose.
- Tables are very important and they include calculations as well as the application of formulas. You should practice them along with graphs.
- You should NOT mug up the formulas. Instead, you should understand their derivation and application. Once you understand the formulas, prepare a chapter-wise formula sheet and revise them regularly.
- Special focus has to be given while practicing tables and graphs.
|Important Topics in Economics:|
- Numerical questions are very important for both micro and macroeconomics.
- A lot of questions are asked in the exam from chapters like the elasticity of demand and supply, revenues and costs, national income, etc.
- Practicing them on a regular basis is a must for students.
- You should make your own chapter-wise notes.
- Mark the concepts that you find difficult to understand with red colour.
- If you get stuck while solving questions, you should note those typical points for revisions. It will help you in the exams.
- Bring together all your notes, practice registers, and formula sheets and start revising as a proper revision is the key for success in any exam.
- Allocate the time available between all the chapters and start solving those questions that you found difficult while practicing.
- Also revise the concepts that you found hard to understand and marked earlier.
Practice from Past Years’ Papers
- Solving past years’ examination papers is the key to success to every topper, provided that it is done keeping the time in mind.
- Get a past years’ paper, set your clock, and solve that paper within three hours.
- This practice will help you to manage your time effectively during the examination.
- This practice also gives you an idea about the pattern of questions, typology, and methodology of how examiners set the question papers.
Solving Sample Papers is a Great Idea
- Solving sample papers gives a great chance to evaluate your level of understanding of the subject.
- There are a lot of sample papers available in the market from different publishers.
- Do not forget to solve BYJU’S Economics Sample Papers for Class 12th.