Commerce Students encounter a strange and usual type of hurdle – they have to get their calculations correct, deal with detailed synopses and study business associated terms and lingo. The students require to study regularly and steadily across the year to master the boards. Here are a few suggestions for the core Commerce subjects. To obtain a satisfactory score in boards a student needs to follow the following tips while studying commerce for class 12:
Everybody is well aware of the fact that Accountancy is the core subject in the Commerce stream. Therefore, the theories of Accounting need to be precise and should be on the fingertips.
Tips for Studying Accountancy:
- Journal Entry should be on the tips. If one can journalize any transaction, they can solve each question
- Plan for the sections like Cash Flow Statements, Partnership firms and Company Accounts as they carry about 60% weighting in the question paper
- Do not read the formulas, comprehend them and one will never misremember such. For – methods for the ratio analysis
- Not just the theory, formats of the Trial Balance, Ledger and Balance sheet comprises a stable score. So make certain to manifest the answer in the customary format either of Journals, Balance Sheet or Ledger Accounts
- Accountancy requires more practice, therefore one must solve as many questions as they can. Also, don’t restrict the reference textbooks and make sure to solve previous year board question papers
- Moreover, usually, students omit the theory section of Accounts which is equivalently vital as practical. Hence, incorporate the theory with the practical
- The solutions must be backed by precise working notes wheresoever needed
|Also Read: Accountancy Projects for Class 12|
The preponderance of students thinks Business Studies as a scoring paper. The theories are simple to comprehend and write. However, the students have to give more thought to the presentation of a paper.
4 Tips for Studying Business Studies:
- Business Studies is a comprehensive academic paper, hence, it requires appropriate revision.
- Outline short notes to revise the lessons before the examination. Every time, ending the test books can be oppressive so begin preparing short notes which can assist the students to revise the entire syllabus in less time
- Practice the mnemonics to read the topic or points
- Regularly present the answers into the points because long passages can make the examiner distressed and end up granting less marks
|Additional Reading: Business Studies Projects for Class 12|
This subject requires one to improve his or her Logical Reasoning and Analytical skills. The theories must be on the fingertips be its association between the marginal product and total product or average fixed cost and total fixed cost.
Tips for Studying Economics:
- As the syllabus of this subject is broad and one must prepare written notes for each chapter which is clear to comprehend and learn as well
- There are lots of diagrams in both Micro and Macro Economics so the students can practice drawing precisely marked diagrams. Although, the students would score marks for their drawing abilities but unlabelled diagrams surely not going to help them in scoring marks
- The Economics paper chiefly constitutes of many differences between notions and terms. So, one must prepare the differences well and try to present them in a tabular format; where it can be defined precisely
- Also, practice previous years’ question papers as it can assist one to recognise the format of questions and comprehend what really examiner requires
- The day prior to the exams, do not exercise the questions, merely glance the whole chapters and concepts from the notes that you would have prepared
These are a few tips and tricks on how to prepare for the class 12 Board examinations – Commerce, which will definitely encourage the students to score 90+ marks in their 12th board commerce exams.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification on ‘How to Prepare for Class 12 Board Exams Commerce?’ along with Commerce syllabus, marking scheme, sample papers, preparation tips and more.