Many times, we come across this query from the Commerce students or the students who are about to take up Commerce after 10th board exam. Students often have this question “What is the list of courses for Commerce students after 12th ?” “What are the career options available for 12th Commerce stream student?” “What are the best courses after 12th Commerce without Maths?”.
In reality, Class 12 Commerce opens up a wide gate for many courses in India. The CEO and CXO of many blue-chip companies like ONGC, Bharti Airtel and Bloomberg, who are, Dinesh K Sarraf, Adesh Kumar Gupta and Gopal Vittal, all are Bachelors of Commerce and are very successful in their respective fields. Some professional courses for Class 12th Commerce students where Commerce acts as a gateway for admission is :
1.Bachelors in Commerce: B.Com is an undergraduate course that is three years long. Before joining B.Com, the students need to decide on taking which major to join. We have curated the best B.Com colleges in India and their cut off.
2.Chartered Accountant: Completion of Chartered Accountancy usually takes five years wherein the students can pursue while doing their bachelor’s. They have three stages:
1. CA Foundation
2. CA Intermediate
3. CA Final
After completion of which they will be able to practice with an accounting firm or in a company.
3.Company Secretary: A Company Secretary is a financially rewarding job. A CS look after the administration of the company. They see if the company follows the legal and statutory requirement in its day to day operations. The candidate needs to complete 3 part exam to become a CS. The preparation for the exam starts after +2 itself. The three parts are :
1. Foundational Program
2. Executive Program: Graduates can directly pursue this program.
3. Professional Program: This can be pursued after successfully clearing the Executive program.
Refer to BYJU’S Commerce coaching classes for better insight in Commerce concepts.
4.Cost Accountant: Cost accountant’s significant role lies in the manufacturing process of a plant or basically in the companies where products are manufactured. Cost accountant does the essential decision making in setting the price of the product. They have to make sure the company is making a profit while selling each unit of the product. There are three stages to become a Cost Accountant:
In India, ICWA (Indian Cost Works Association) have made it mandatory for students to pass class 12 to start the Foundation course of CWA(Cost and Works Accounting).
Direct entry to the course can be done after graduation.
5. Bachelor in Business Administration: BBA or Bachelor of Business Administration can be pursued after completion of Class 12 Commerce. Basic introduction about the functions and operation of a business is given to the students. After BBA one can go for MBA in any of the specialisations that interest them. The speciality is, not limited to-
- Information Technology
- Foreign Trade
- Human Resources etc
6.Integrated Corporate Law: One needs to take up Integrated Law with bachelors of Commerce or Arts. This professional career can be taken up directly after class 12 after appearing for an entrance exam called – CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)
7.Bachelors of Economics: Bachelor of Economics can be pursued after 12th. Economics can be attractive that includes a wide range of topics from international trade to government policies. Usually, the best colleges accept the candidates who have secured high marks in their Class 12th Board exams.
8. Hospitality Diploma Courses: Lateral entry after 12th is possible if someone is interested in pursuing a career in the hospitality and tourism sector of India. IIHM is the leading group of colleges that offer Hotel Management degrees. The candidates are required to score the cutoff marks in the entrance exam – NCHMCT- JEE, which stands for – National Council for Hotel Management – Joint Entrance Exam.
9. Journalism and Mass Communication: Journalism and Mass communication have gained popularity in the decade, and several candidates are opting for the course after standard 12. If a student is good at writing and can commute for telling people’s stories to the world, then Journalism and Mass Communication is the thing for them. There is no all India entrance exam per se, but some colleges accept either the grades/percentage of marks secured in Class 12 board exam.
So we explored some of the career options after Class 12th Commerce in the above list. They are also regarded as job oriented courses. Students need to find their interest while pursuing Class 12 and then set a career goal for themselves. Students are advised to go through the courses and find the one best suited for themselves and perform well.
Explore link: Class 12 Commerce Syllabus
You can invent, you can lead, put in the hard work and you can make anything happen. – Patrick Turner