The CAT Admit Card 2022 is perhaps the most important document for any candidate, along with their photo identification cards, when they are entering the exam hall. The CAT Admit Card contains all the details related to the date, timing and venue of the exam, along with the details of the candidate.
In this article:
- CAT Admit Card 2022 – Timeline
- CAT Admit Card 2022 Details
- CAT Admit Card Download Date and Procedure
- CAT Admit Card Details by Year
- Sample of the CAT Admit Card
- CAT Admit Card FAQs
- Bell the CAT 2022 with BYJU’S
The CAT Admit Card acts as an entry pass for the CAT examination centre. Like the previous years, candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if they don’t possess the valid CAT Admit Card 2022.
The Indian Institute of Management, which conducts the CAT exam, will release the details of the CAT Admit Card download date on their official website (iimcat.ac.in), once they finalise the official dates for the exam. It is thus extremely important for applicants to know the relevant details about their CAT Admit Card 2022 before they proceed to attempt one of the toughest and most prestigious management competitive exams in the country.
CAT Admit Card 2022 – Timeline
Candidates should be aware that the schedule for the CAT exam has been fairly consistent over the years, with a few minor deviations only under exceptional circumstances. I
- The CAT registration would tentatively take place during the months of August and September every year, and the actual exam occurs in the last week of November.
- It is imperative that candidates register for this exam within the stipulated timeline to avoid any last-minute delays.
- After they successfully register on the website, they can download the CAT Admit Card 2022. The link for downloading the admit card will tentatively open in the last week of October.
- The candidates who are applying for the exam can download their respective admit cards from the website till the month of November (tentative) 2022.
For further information on the exam and the CAT Admit Card 2022, candidates are advised to stay in touch with our regular updates and the official CAT 2022 website.This will allow them to stay updated in case there are any changes in the exam dates, pattern or other areas.
It is also necessary to download the CAT Admit Card 2022 as soon as it is released and not wait for too long, because it is possible that you may not be able to download it due to any unavoidable circumstances in the future. Since more than 2 lakh students apply for the exam every year, it is possible that there may be issues in downloading as well as printing the admit card the first time. So, it makes perfect sense to complete this task immediately and save yourself from an unnecessary headache.
Below is a screenshot of the official website (iimcat.ac.in) to download the CAT Admit Card 2022. Candidates must check it out on a regular basis to not miss any important updates related to the CAT 2022 exam:
CAT Admit Card 2022 Details
The CAT Admit Card 2022 is the official document issued by the governing body of the exam, the Indian Institute of Management. It contains all the important details related to the candidate and the exam timings. The candidates must also carry more than one copy of their passport size photograph, along with at least one photo identification proof like Passport, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card or Adhaar Card, along with their CAT Admit Card 2022 for the purpose of photo identification. As stated above, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre if they do not possess the CAT Admit Card 2022 and a valid Photo ID issued by the Government of India.
The Admit Card contains:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Category to which the candidate belongs
- Details of candidates belonging to the PwD category
- Day and Date of Test
- Session in which the candidate has to appear at the test centre
- Reference Number
- Test City
- Test centre complete address
- Test centre’s Google Map Link
- Instructions to be followed by the candidates while taking the test
- Space to affix photograph and do signature in front of the invigilator
Candidates will not be allowed to take the exam without the Hall Ticket. It is important for you to make multiple printouts of the admit card when you are going to the exam hall. This will help you keep a spare copy handy in case you lose the other printouts due to some unforeseen circumstances.
CAT Admit Card Download Date and Procedure
As mentioned above, the tentative date for downloading the CAT Admit Card 2022 commences from the last week of October. The link for downloading the admit card is active till the actual date of the exam. To get further clarity on this process, the candidates can look at the information available related to the CAT 2021 admit card present on the official website (iimcat.ac.in). It will help them to understand the main steps involved in downloading the hall ticket in the future for the CAT 2022 exam as well.
- It is important to note that the CAT Admit Card 2022 will be available to the candidates only in the online mode.
- There is no provision for sending the hard copy of the admit card to the applicant at their address.
- Each candidate must visit the official link for downloading the admit card and make arrangements to get it printed themselves.
- It is better to use internet browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer to download the CAT Admit Card 2022. This is because they are more compatible than other browsers for accessing the hall ticket.
Below is a step-by-step guide for the applicants to download the IIM CAT Admit Card for the year 2022.
How to Download CAT Admit Card:
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the Official CAT website of the Indian Institute of Management (iimcat.ac.in), which they had used earlier to register for the exam.
- Step 2: They will find the ‘Registered Candidate Login’ link on the website homepage. They should click on that link to proceed further.
- Step 3: Candidates can use the registered User ID and the Password that they had generated earlier while registering for the CAT exam. (Candidates must also have the ID and password details with them when they are taking the CAT Exam 2022 ).
- Step 4: After entering the login details, the candidates will get a pop-up window that will mention that the CAT application form is submitted successfully. They should click on the close tab, which will then carry the candidates to the main dashboard page.
- Step 5: The main dashboard page will have all details related to the candidate like name, date of birth, registration number, etc. It will also have a link to download the admit card.
- Step 6: Once they click on the download link, the IIM CAT Admit Card 2022 will appear on the computer screen with details about the test centre and exam timings. The candidates must click on the ‘Download’ button present below the admit card to save the soft copy of the hall ticket.
- Step 7: After they have downloaded the soft copy of the admit card, they can proceed to take a printout. Candidates are advised to take multiple printouts to ensure that they have a spare copy in case one or more printouts gets lost due to unforeseen circumstances.
Below is the login page for the CAT exam for your reference. The CAT 2022 login page will be on similar lines unless there is some drastic change. It is compulsory for candidates to enter the correct user ID and password details to proceed further.
In case a candidate forgets their login credentials, they should go to the “Forgot UserID/Password” link on the window and click on the same. It will lead them to another window where they will have to follow the successive steps in order to recover their credentials. As mentioned above, the IIT CAT Admit Card will be available for download starting from the last week of October to the final date of the CAT exam in November 2022 (tentative).
However, the candidates must wait for the official announcement on the iimcat.ac.in website to know the exact dates when they can download the admit card. The applicants must approach the IIM CAT helpdesk if they are not able to view or download the CAT Admit Card for any reason. They can either send an email at [email protected] or call on the number 1-800-266-3549 to register their complaint with the support team and get the problem resolved ASAP. Any candidate who is availing of a scribe service should submit their scribe affidavit as well at the exam centre.
After candidates download the CAT Admit Card, they should check it for the following details to make sure that the hall ticket is in the prescribed format. Another reason for checking these details is that in case there are any discrepancies or if any information is missing, they can contact the IIM CAT Help Desk to get it included in the revised IIM CAT Admit Card.
The candidates must thoroughly check all the details related to the exam, especially exam date, timings and test centre details. They should also check if the signature and photograph on the CAT Admit Card 2022 are visible clearly, and if they match the credentials on their photo ID.
Also, Explore How To Correct Errors In CAT Admit Card.
CAT Admit Card Details by Year
CAT 2021 Admit Card
CAT 2020 Admit Card
CAT 2019 Admit Card
How to Access
Login ID and Password
Admit card release date
27 October 2021
October 28, 2020
October 23, 2019
Details mentioned in the Admit Card
Name, Date of Birth, Photograph, Application Number, Category, Date of Exam, Test Slot and Timings, Address of Test Centre
Sample of the CAT Admit Card
Below is a sample of the IIM CAT Admit Card that gets issued for the exam. The sample contains all the details regarding the candidate and the CAT Exam. Although the admit card is from 2021, the structure and format of the card is likely to remain the same with each passing year.
CAT is recognized all over the country as one of the most competitive exams for admission into premier institutions that offer postgraduate and executive postgraduate courses in management. Although the exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, many other prestigious colleges also consider the percentile scores in CAT for selecting students for their Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. Not only that, but several foreign-based institutes also actively seek out candidates who have good scores in this exam. Lakhs of management aspirants (both students and working professionals) take this exam every year with the sole aim to get a high percentile score, and open the gateway to studying in the best management schools in India. Although a high percentile in CAT does not guarantee you admission into any management institute, it surely tips the scales in your favour. This is why many aspirants treat this exam as the Holy Grail of management and put their best efforts to crack it.
CAT Admit Card FAQs
Is it possible to change my exam centre after the release of the CAT Admit Card?
It is not possible to change the exam centre after the release of the admit card. However, candidates are allowed to edit their test city preferences when the correction window is open. Along with the test city preferences, photo and signature can also be edited.
When should you produce the CAT Admit Card?
The admit card should be produced at the exam centre on the day of your CAT exam. It helps the security personnel and examiner staff present at the exam centre verify your identity.
Whom should you contact in case you are unable to access your admit card?
You can contact the IIM CAT helpdesk if you are not able to view or download the CAT Admit Card. You can either send an email at [email protected] or call on the number 1-800-266-3549 to register your complaint.
When will the CAT Admit Card 2022 be available for download?
CAT Admit Card 2022 will be released in the last week of October 2022 (tentative). The admit card will be available for download on the official web portal the IIM.
Bell the CAT 2022 with BYJU’S
We, at BYJU’S, have an enviable reputation of providing the best coaching methodology to help you prepare for CAT 2022. Our comprehensive study materials cover all concepts related to the multiple topics that have regularly been featured in the CAT Exams since their inception. We are also known to provide online classes with excellent teachers who will help explain the most difficult concepts in the most simple manner, to ensure that the students understand the nuts and bolts of the different chapters present in the three sections of the CAT exams: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation (LR and DI), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VA and RC) and Quantitative Aptitude.
Not only that, BYJU’S provides you with multiple mock test papers along with the previous year CAT papers (both of them with solutions) to help make sure that students get adequate practice while preparing for the exam.