If you are a CAT aspirant and have backlog while pursuing graduation, then you can still apply for CAT 2016. As per the eligibility rules, if the candidates are completing their graduation degree before may 2017, are eligible to start the session. The candidate needs to select “Yes” to the question registration form that asks: Are you in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree?”
If a candidate has cleared his bachelor’s degree subject, then the passing mark should be 50%. Since the CAT aspirants have only one day for the registration, they should register for CAT 2016 today itself to avoid any last-minute technical glitch.
Avoid any kind of conclusion that you may have:
- If candidates got backlogs in their bachelor’s degree, they can still apply for CAT 2016.
- If the candidate has supplementary re-examination facility, then they are still eligible to apply for the examination
- The only rule that exists here is you have to score 50% (45% in case of reserved category candidate)
- The certificate from your issuing university should be submitted before June 2017. Or you can submit a certificate issued by the Principal/Registrar of University before June 30, 2017 – that would certify you as you have taken the supplementary examination and the results are awaited.
- Candidates belonging to Reserved Category have to submit a copy of the certificate while registering , without which the registration will fail.
Avoid mistakes in entering your details while registering:
While entering the educational qualification details, the marks obtained from class 10 till graduation/ post graduation (whatever is applicable), candidates should note the correct percentage in a piece of paper and then start entering the details.
Even though the candidates can modify the registration form if some details are wrongly entered, even then it is advisable to be careful while registering.
Candidates preparing for CAT can solve any query regarding CAT exam by calling our MBA Educational counsellor at 9880031619.