CAT exam eligibility has almost remained same for the last few years. Candidates planning to register for CAT 2018 should be thoroughly acquainted with the CAT eligibility 2018 and then apply. In this article, the detailed CAT exam eligibility 2018 is given to help the CAT aspirants get acquainted with it completely. Before moving to the eligibility criteria for CAT, it is important to know what CAT exam is and its related details.
What is CAT exam?
Candidates preparing for CAT (Common Admission Test), is a computer-based test conducted in India by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The CAT exam is conducted annually by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation. This test score of a candidate help them to take admission into prestigious management institutes of India, most of the questions are asked from quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning. One should check the pattern and the latest CAT 2018 syllabus to know the detailed syllabus topics for the exam and prepare accordingly.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in the month of November (tentatively) and the result will be published in January 2019. Individuals aspiring to take CAT 2018 exam should check the latest CAT 2018 eligibility criteria before registering for the exam.
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018:
Required Pass Percentage
|Engineering Degree – B.Tech/ B.E.||Recognized by MHRD/AICTE *||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
|Bachelor’s Degree from any University||Recognized by UGC||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
|Students who are pursuing final year of their Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) can also take the examination **||Continuing graduation from University Recognized by MHRD/AICTE or UGC||50% (45% for SC, ST, PWD candidates)|
* The University has to be declared incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared as a deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
** Such candidates have to submit a certificate from the Registrar / Principal of their
respective institution or University. The certificate must state that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
It should be noted that the percentage an individual obtains in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned institution (or University). If a percentage conversion scheme is unavailable for a particular University, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiplied the result by 100.
Every year on an average 2,50,000 students appear for CAT exam but only 30% of them get into top management institutes. The rest 70% are not able to make that cutoff due to their lack of approach for CAT exam and time management (two key parameters to crack CAT exam).
CAT exam is one of the toughest aptitude exams needs an unconventional approach, to tackle questions and techniques to manage time. Most of the students preparing for CAT exam are confused how to start when to start, whether to go for self-study or coaching classes.
Similar to previous years, direct answer type question will be present in CAT 2018 where the test takers will have to type in the answers. The candidate will not be allowed to move from one section to another until the time limit gets over. If one is spending 60 minutes on one section, then he/ she will be redirected to the next section automatically.
At BYJU’S, CAT 2018 aspirants are provided with all the exam related details, notifications, study materials and video lectures. Keep visiting BYJU’S and comment any queries related to CAT 2018 exam below.